Sudden Change in Battery Life (major decrease)

alboboy10

Reaction score
U should...I'm at 12 hours of 75% left. I turn off 4g when not using through notification bar and put on when I need it. I don't use 3g on my phone.
Leave gps on at all times.

leo67

Reaction score
13.4 hrs and 70% left.... 3g and google location services on
this i don't mind, to me this is normal,,,, and never goes into battery meltdown

Only when 4G is on, is when the trouble starts, phone can sit all day without me touching it and goes into battery meltdown mode,, again no input from me and left alone sitting on my desk
this is what pisses me off,,, but I guess for now turning of data is the solution at the moment till the empire decides to do something to help remedy this issue

alboboy10

Reaction score
Don't leave it on the whole time then.

I remember when my friend got the first iphone he toggled 3g on and off cause it would kill his battery.

It's really easy to turn 4g off and on if u get a mobile data widget on ur screen. It's quick too doesn't take long like when u use phone info to go 3g to 4g and vice versa.

I think a different rom would help a lot too.

leo67

Reaction score
That's what I've been doing , and got the LTE on off
been using 4G only to tether when I need to use my notebook

jbdavies

Reaction score
Every phone has issues. EVERY. Including the Igod.

Mine is hacked and has a rom though so maybe it's not fair to compare. The gps issue was a problem but I leave mine on all the time and now locks quick. My phone never had the reboot problem. And battery drain on 4g only happens cause of the network...not the phone. I'm sure the charge faces the 4g drain.

I have the tiny battery and my phone is going past 24 hours. I used to usethe extended battery but I don't really need it anymore.

What rom are you using? I'm on BAMF 1.7.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why should I have to take a new phone that is under warranty, hack it and install a ROM, terminating my warranty, in order to get it to "run properly"?

Let's say you go buy a new Ford Mustang GT. Let's say the car's fuel economy is advertised at 20mpg, and you buy the car expecting that. It's a performance car, after all, and equipped with a V-8, so you have no illusions about getting great mileage.

But let's say that a week after you buy the car, you're getting about 10mpg, and that this is through normal driving, nothing crazy.

Let's further suppose that the only advice you can find is to carry fewer passengers, or even remove the rear seats in order to save weight, thus improving your fuel economy. Also, there's all kinds of suggestions on the Ford forums about mods you can do to your engine. Sure, it'll void your new car's warranty, but you might eke a few more miles from a tank of gas.

Then, after all that, let's say the dealer offers to sell you an external fuel tank that mounts to the roof of your car.

Geez I love analogies.

Bingo.

Selling you a phone that the major selling point is the network speed, only to find out that the technology was known to be buggy and the only way to get the phone to last a day was to disable the #1 selling point.

I mean after all, what good is 4G speed if the battery is dead before you can use it?

It's a poor design, they knew it, this was not a surprise to them. But they had to sell phones and keep the investors happy, and so you and I get to pay the price.

alboboy10

Reaction score

Mine is hacked and has a rom though so maybe it's not fair to compare. The gps issue was a problem but I leave mine on all the time and now locks quick. My phone never had the reboot problem. And battery drain on 4g only happens cause of the network...not the phone. I'm sure the charge faces the 4g drain.

I have the tiny battery and my phone is going past 24 hours. I used to usethe extended battery but I don't really need it anymore.

Thunder rom.

jbdavies

Reaction score

Thunder rom.
I'll give that one a try again. Just didn't care for the theme. See how it does.

Thanks.

jbdavies

Reaction score
For anyone that has purchased an extended battery (the 1700), where did you buy it? And is it actually 1700? I was reading the comments on some batteries on Amazon, and some people claim that he 1700 batteries, really aren't 1700?

alboboy10

Reaction score

jbdavies

Reaction score
Put a launcher on it. Mine looks cool with go launcher. Great performer too.

I forgot what my old thunderbolt performed like
Eh, I flashed it... did LauncherPP... for some reason, it just didn't click with me. Haha. So went to restore my update... and all hell broke loose. Yay for wasting 2 hours of my night.

It hasn't gotten very good reviews. One person says it's defective, and another person says it's just the 1350. Plus, only $15? I would expect a good battery to be at least $50.

alboboy10

Reaction score
It's not wasted time u know that u don't like it now.

Don't complain about the price being too cheap haha. Better than expensive. People in this forum have tried the battery and said works fine

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
Over the past several days, I have been getting much worse battery life on my TB. yesterday, for example, i charged the phone completely before heading to a movie and lunch. I used the phone for less than 10 mins to surf the net and went into the movie. i came out of the movie and was on the yellow battery bar (15% or 20%, can't remember what it is). I check the battery life stats and it had been 3 hr 34 min since it was fully charged. Similar thing happened today, barely used the phone and it was completely dead by dinner time. usually the battery is about 50% by the end of the day when the battery was working correctly. any ideas as to what could cause this? i didn't install any new apps/programs recently. i have been having a few random reboots, which i'm reading is a known problem. do i just need to take it to verizon? i bought it at best buy, do i need to do there or can i just take it to verizon?

Reboot.. i notice my phone does this from time to time.. and when this happens i can notice that my battery is warmer than normal.. reboot solves this problem