Sudden Change in Battery Life (major decrease)

twinklystar129

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've been having great battery life. I can get 24 hours on moderate usage. However, for some reasons the past couple weeks when I unplug my phone at 6am in the morning, it drains like water. Just today, been less than 4 hours and I'm down to 44%. I've never experienced it this badly. However, I want to point out that A REBOOT DOES FIX THIS DRAIN. I had to reboot everyday. Like yesterday, I was at 67% after 2 hours, rebooted, down to 61%, but after 10 hours it only drained about 10% (with little usage). My question is - how come I had to reboot it every time? I never had to do this in the past, and it's getting annoying. I know it's something in the background because clearly, a reboot fixes it. Can someone help me isolate the issue?

At first, I thought it was lockbot because that was the only thing I did recently that cause the change. I disabled it, but it didn't help. Then from ATK (which I have on my phone, but I do not run it and I do not use auto-kill, it's just there), I noticed everytime I kill the fidelity app (which i downloaded recently), it restarts itself. I uninstalled this app. My phone went back to normal. Then recently it started up again. I noticed the same pattern with Google Voice, so I uninstalled it this morning hoping it'll fix it like the fidelity issue. Unfortunately, it didn't help.

When I check my battery usage, it's mostly cell standby and android system. I checked the details of what the system is using, and it's mostly standard stuff like clock, bluetooth, etc.

I use GOLauncher, but I've had that for 2-3 weeks prior to this battery chaos, I don't think that's the reason. I recently installed Lookout, could this be the battery drain? I don't want to get rid of it until I'm sure that's the issue.

I tested the phone where I fully charged it, unplugged the phone overnight and turned data off, but it only drained 3% overnight without data on. From that, I know it's some app that's probably trying to sync in the background without me knowing. It's not facebook, twitter, emails or anything... I've been fine with battery since I've had the phone on launch date.

Lastly, I'll add that I'm rooted running the stock-rom. All bloatware removed.

Thank you!

alboboy10

Reaction score
With look out my phone battery went bad too
Get watch dog I think it tells u what's eating ur battery