Stupid Question

beachynurse

Reaction score
So, in trying to learn how to use my new droid x, I can't find how to add my name to the locked home screen. When my screen times out and locks, there is a banner that says "This phone belongs to:", but I have looked all over . . . . settings wallpapers, etc and can't figure it out. I know it's stupid . . . . but it's making me nuts!!!! Thanks for ANYONE'S help!!!!! :)

JCo352

Reaction score
I don't own an X(yet), but maybe look under location & security.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
So, in trying to learn how to use my new droid x, I can't find how to add my name to the locked home screen. When my screen times out and locks, there is a banner that says "This phone belongs to:", but I have looked all over . . . . settings wallpapers, etc and can't figure it out. I know it's stupid . . . . but it's making me nuts!!!! Thanks for ANYONE'S help!!!!! :)

I see no such banner on my X....:icon_evil:

OP
B

beachynurse

Reaction score
Since I have been downloading apps, and what not since I got it, I think that it may have initially appeared when I downloaded the anti virus app. But I can't be positive!!!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Since I have been downloading apps, and what not since I got it, I think that it may have initially appeared when I downloaded the anti virus app. But I can't be positive!!!

Why do you feel the need to anti-virus?

It's not needed....

OP
B

beachynurse

Reaction score
I didn't know . . . and was just trying to protect my phone. Should I uninstall?

JCo352

Reaction score
I was just going to ask if you dl'd an anti-virus app, because that is why that text is on your lockscreen.

OP
B

beachynurse

Reaction score
Yes - it's the anti virus app that looks like a yellow and white capsule.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes - it's the anti virus app that looks like a yellow and white capsule.

Not needed....it will make your device slow and does nothing to protect it since there has not been a virus on android.

OP
B

beachynurse

Reaction score
I uninstalled it, and that banner went away. Thanks for everyone's help!!!! I was taking the same precautions that we take with our computers.

wakebrdr066

Reaction score
Well Im sure someone out there will still want to know the answer so...what u do within the anti-virus app is go into

settings-->remote management-->Lost Message

Within here you will be able to add your name an what not

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

It's not needed....[/quote]

I think it is need for any phone that have a browser. My Storm 1 got a Virus that drains the Application Memory. I can not fix it at all. I did all I can do including took it to Verizon and still I can't get it to stop Draining the App memory. I am waiting to get the Droid X when all the kinks and bugs are out of it. I learned from the Storm never to get a phone when it first comes out. I will never do it again because of all the problems I had with the Storm 1 self rebooting, freezing,etc... If they have anti-Virus for I will put it on the phone. Especially if you have downloaded music on it.

Here is a good article http://www.networkworld.com/columnists/2010/011210antonopoulos.html

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

It's not needed....

I think it is need for any phone that have a browser. My Storm 1 got a Virus that drains the Application Memory. I can not fix it at all. I did all I can do including took it to Verizon and still I can't get it to stop Draining the App memory. I am waiting to get the Droid X when all the kinks and bugs are out of it. I learned from the Storm never to get a phone when it first comes out. I will never do it again because of all the problems I had with the Storm 1 self rebooting, freezing,etc... If they have anti-Virus for I will put it on the phone. Especially if you have downloaded music on it.

Virus? Doubt it. More likely a rouge app.....A factory reset will fix it.

OP
B

beachynurse

Reaction score
Okay, another questions. "remote management" isn't a category under my "settings". :icon_eek: I am helpless with this thing!!!!! This is what happens when you have a crackberry for 4 years!!!!!