Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Why do you feel the need to anti-virus?

It's not needed....

I think it is need for any phone that have a browser. My Storm 1 got a Virus that drains the Application Memory. I can not fix it at all. I did all I can do including took it to Verizon and still I can't get it to stop Draining the App memory. I am waiting to get the Droid X when all the kinks and bugs are out of it. I learned from the Storm never to get a phone when it first comes out. I will never do it again because of all the problems I had with the Storm 1 self rebooting, freezing,etc... If they have anti-Virus for I will put it on the phone. Especially if you have downloaded music on it.

Virus? Doubt it. More likely a rouge app.....A factory reset will fix it.

Been there did that Factory reset. Still draining my Memory. Trying to hold out a month or 2 for the Droid X.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Okay, another questions. "remote management" isn't a category under my "settings". :icon_eek: I am helpless with this thing!!!!! This is what happens when you have a crackberry for 4 years!!!!!

Do you mean remote locking and or wiping of the device?
I so, You need Wave Secure or Mobile Defense.....

OP
B

beachynurse

Reaction score
No, just when the screen times out and locks. Nothing fancy

garath

Reaction score
I think it is need for any phone that have a browser. My Storm 1 got a Virus that drains the Application Memory. I can not fix it at all. I did all I can do including took it to Verizon and still I can't get it to stop Draining the App memory. I am waiting to get the Droid X when all the kinks and bugs are out of it. I learned from the Storm never to get a phone when it first comes out. I will never do it again because of all the problems I had with the Storm 1 self rebooting, freezing,etc... If they have anti-Virus for I will put it on the phone. Especially if you have downloaded music on it.

Here is a good article Mobile malware will test Android and iPhone

That's just the way the Storm works. Over time you will run out of application memory. Do a battery pull and you'll be back up to whatever low amount you start with.

You said it yourself, the Storm 1 is buggy. That includes the memory leaks. No virus here.