Stuck on bootloader

Droidee

Reaction score
Right now it refuses to charge on any external cable including the desktop charger. Yes I have all of the above.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Btw if i'm a genius fbm is the president of forking mensa. We've got you covered between us

*cough*mostly him*cough*

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The first suggestion is very low-tech and not brute-force at all. Pull the battery out of whatever it's in and gently scrub the contacts with a pencil eraser. Clean them up a bit and see if it'll charge. Sometimes the batteries/phones get a bit picky. Won't hurt to try. :)

Droidee

Reaction score
Funny, at least you're the president. Tell me why you would expect a girl afraid of electricity to split wires. OK if I can't get some one to charge the battery tomorrow, will you guide me through it?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol it would probably be far less mentally taxing on you if you could get someone to charge it for you.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Got a friend with a Droid or a Droid 2? They take the same battery. Ask them to come over and see if you can borrow their battery. See if their phone can charge yours, then use theirs to do what you need to do to yours. :)

If not, I have directions for the butchery, and you should see about ordering a new battery if even THAT can't trick your phone: $10 on Amazon and eBay, often like $15 for a pair AND a charger.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
All credit goes for csealpcr for finding and typing up these directions as I can't find the originals.

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.

1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.

Droidee

Reaction score
OMG I have to be way more awake for this lol. Will you around tomorrow and if so at what time?

Droidee

Reaction score
I'm also going to take you advise about the charger and battery, well maybe not the battery. I have 5.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry for disappearing! I know WE have a recovery tool in the back of my store, I had to use it on someone's phone a few weeks ago. They "woke up to their phone stuck at the bootloader"! Haha! I eventually found up that they messed up trying to root (don't remember the details)! They got scared that I knew...until I showed them MY Droid!! ;)

Actually from what I hear some vzw locations have a recovery tool in the back. Of course I heard it from someone here. Maybe droid does can chime in and let us know.

DroidForums junkie!