Stuck In Boot Loop

alexlreilly

Reaction score
I have just recently tried to return to stock from clock work mod.
1. I installed dm updater to flash sp recovery. For some reason this was not working.
2. Since the dm updater would not flash the new recovery image, i thought maybe it would help if rebooted the phone. Ever since then i have been in a boot loop.
I tried to restore but my nandroid backups are not working.
I have also tried to install new roms. I have read other posts and this seems to have worked.
I cannot do the RSD lite route because i have a mac
please help!!!

OP
A

alexlreilly

Reaction score
this did not work. i put the two files on the root of my sd card
and then put the other file in my nandroid folder.
when i went to the nandroid folder it was not there.
i will also note that i am stuck in clock work mod, not sprecovery. the instructions from that post almost seemed to cater to sprecovery and not clock work mod.
any more ideas?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How to unroot cyanogenmod

Try the above thread if you are trying to unroot cyanogen

If you are looking for sprecovery use the first link in my sig to do that (steps 9-26). You can't run both sprecovery and clockwork at the same time.

OP
A

alexlreilly

Reaction score
the most i can do is get to the clock work mod menu.
i cannot get past the boot screen to go to the rom manager and go back to stock.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the most i can do is get to the clock work mod menu.
i cannot get past the boot screen to go to the rom manager and go back to stock.
sprecovery will get your phone back to stock and that's what the directions have you using to do so via nandroid. But you are in clockwork. You can flash sprecovery with Rom Manager (which you just mentioned you have in your last post). The bottom Rom Manager option "flash alternative recovery" is to replace clockwork with sprecovery.

Now it looks like you are saying your phone doesn't boot up?

I've gotten confused as to your phone's current state, plus another hour has gone by since the last post.

Is the desired end result to be back on a stock phone, or is there another goal?
Link 3 in my sig is the failsafe method to get back there if everything else fails. Sometimes it is quicker to just go that route too.

OP
A

alexlreilly

Reaction score
i cannot use that process. i have a mac and it does not recognize the files that i download.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i cannot use that process. i have a mac and it does not recognize the files that i download.

See, we don't read sometimes too, you stated that in your op.

What do you have for backups? Do you have a sprecovery nandroid backup or just a clockwork recovery nandroid backup?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2. Since the dm updater would not flash the new recovery image, i thought maybe it would help if rebooted the phone. Ever since then i have been in a boot loop.

What was the status of your battery? If the phone is plugged in now is it plugged into the wall or the computer? (wall charges faster). The phone can go into a boot cycle...only seeing the M logo if the battery is low. More description on what is occurring here could help too. The solution may be to leave it plugged into the wall for a few hours.

Thanks for the mac tip/link for sbf Mike!

Last edited:
OP
A

alexlreilly

Reaction score
well, idk what i did but the phone FINALLY booted correctly all the way! thanks for all the help! something you guys suggested probably did it!

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well, idk what i did but the phone FINALLY booted correctly all the way! thanks for all the help! something you guys suggested probably did it!

Congrats, good news!
If it just started working I'm even more inclined to think "battery" can you tell us how full charged is it now? It's a good idea to always have a full battery when swapping roms around.

OP
A

alexlreilly

Reaction score
idk what i did but the phone is now working!
something you guys suggested probably did the trick!
thanks for all the help!