Stuck In Boot Loop

deadudea

Reaction score
First off, I'm not rooted or anything and haven't done anything special to my phone.
When I turned it off tonight, it attempted to turn itself back on. However it only got to the "M" screen and shut back off again..... Before doing this over, and over. It hasn't stopped for about 30 minutes now. Attempted to fastboot into recovery, did nothing. I contacted Motorola but they're useless and told me to factory reset which I refuse to do.
Right now I'm hoping this battery will just kill itself so I can sleep. Any ideas what I can do with it though, or what's wrong?

deadudea

Reaction score
It did. I left it in the fastboot menu, so I'm not sure if it just timed out and shut down or the battery died. Still won't turn on however...

deadudea

Reaction score
Went to Verizon, they're sending me a new one. Can't even factory reset it. Does anyone know of a way I can access my files on it still or is it too late? No removable battery, no SD card... Didn't think it would be that big of a deal.
If I plug in the phone to the computer and load up the fastboot menu it won't detect the phone on my computer... Is there any possible way around this? I have a feeling there is but I'm not sure how to go about it.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Last edited:

deadudea

Reaction score
I really appreciate that. They're downloading at the moment. Doing this won't change anything though correct? I'm supposed to send the phone back after I receive the new one so I'm assuming if the software is tampered with they won't accept it.

The Android ADT is interesting, I've heard about it for writing apps and I've used Eclipse before.. I'm sure there's threads for it but how exactly do I go about using these tools to do what I'm trying to do?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
You can probably get by with using just fastboot. This can change things, but you won't be using it for that. You'll just be trying to pull stuff. I'll post back with the commands in a bit

Tapped from a Moto X

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
And it looks like fastboot is only good for flashing, not pulling :(

This is the output I get when trying to pull system\media. You can see in the command window the commands fastboot will recognize

deadudea

Reaction score
Yeah I see what you mean.. ish. I'm assuming getVar or boot wouldn't do anything either?