Stuck at Bird Screen

xthek1ng

Reaction score
I used the D3 bootstrap to nandroid backup, then I tried to install Liberty ROM from my internal SD card and it goes passed the red M, but doesn't go passed the Liberty ROM boot screen, anyhelp? Any way I can fix this?

svickstc

Reaction score
might need to sbf, did you try flashing the rom first time? did you wipe data before hand?

I had this happen to me today when i flashed liberty, but mine was caused from trying to flash a theme on top....

OP
X

xthek1ng

Reaction score
I've never flashed a rom before and no, i didnt clear the data beforehand.

svickstc

Reaction score
sounds like a boot loop, you need to SBF the phone basically APFast boot back to stock rom wit the SBF Files.

You Need to download:

RSD Lite (Found in link i provided)
Droid 3 SBF File (Found in link i provided) Use the OTA # 1
Follow the instructions in the link

([SBF] Droid 3 Fastboot files (5.5.959 and 5.6.890) - RootzWiki)

do a little more reading and follow the instructions next time :)

UNLESS you made a nandroid backup, in that case boot into recovery and restore from your backup!! AND if not next time remember to make a backup

Smahon03

Reaction score
sounds like a boot loop, you need to SBF the phone basically APFast boot back to stock rom wit the SBF Files.

You Need to download:

RSD Lite (Found in link i provided)
Droid 3 SBF File (Found in link i provided) Use the OTA # 1
Follow the instructions in the link

([SBF] Droid 3 Fastboot files (5.5.959 and 5.6.890) - RootzWiki)

do a little more reading and follow the instructions next time :)

UNLESS you made a nandroid backup, in that case boot into recovery and restore from your backup!! AND if not next time remember to make a backup

Thank you svickstc for providing this link. There are so many different sites with only part of the downloads needed to sbf the droid 3, its nice to have them all in one place, as well as have a user be able to attest to its legitimacy/functionality. Thank you!:D

svickstc

Reaction score
Thank you svickstc for providing this link. There are so many different sites with only part of the downloads needed to sbf the droid 3, its nice to have them all in one place, as well as have a user be able to attest to its legitimacy/functionality. Thank you!:D

No problem, I too had to do some searching to find the most intuitive file and walk through...

Worked like a charm !