Stuck at Booting Screen

xthek1ng

Reaction score
I used the D3 bootstrap to nandroid backup, then I tried to install Liberty ROM from my internal SD card and it goes passed the red M, but doesn't go passed the Liberty ROM boot screen, anyhelp? Any way I can fix this? The ROM was successfully installed in the Recovery Mode.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
The first time I booted up with CM7, I was stuck at its Skateboarding Android logo for a long time. I thought I screwed up, but I let it play out and it eventually came to pass.

The phone may have simply froze. A battery pull shouldn't hurt if everything really installed successfully.

Pull the battery and try booting again. I've yet to try any ROMs on the D3, so I'm only familiar with saving .zip files on the ext-sd card. I don't know if that makes any difference, but I doubt it.

I'll keep checking in to see what happens.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Did you try a battery pull and/or restore of the backup you made? Also, did you clear all caches before attempting to flash the ROM?

I'd restore my back up and try reflashing from there. Don't know if you tried that yet.

OP
X

xthek1ng

Reaction score
Isis a battery pull and it didn't solve anything. I can't get the phone on. I didn't woe data or anythin prior to flašing theROM.

Is there anyway from the red moto screen to boot into recovery mode so that I could try to restore my backup?

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I believe it's power button+x key to boot into recovery while the phone is off.

You should wipe caches and do a reset from the recovery menu before flashing a new ROM. You want to flash a ROM onto a "clean" phone.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
But never wipe or reset anything without first creating a backup. You probably know that, but I'll throw it out there because it's important.

OP
X

xthek1ng

Reaction score
Powe+x takes me too a screen with a warning triangle with an ! In it and the android and just sits there, so I'm gonna assume I can't get into recovery...

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Try power button+M key.

OP
X

xthek1ng

Reaction score
Okay that workEd what should I use? The recovery option?

Shimmy549

Reaction score
BP Tools should be an option. Go into that and try wiping your caches, at least (including dalvik in Advanced), and then go into the Backup option and choose your most recent one.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
If Bootstrap was working properly, this should be a painless process.

OP
X

xthek1ng

Reaction score
My options are normal power up, recovery, ap fastboot, BP SBF flash, BP Only, BP HW DIAG & boot ap and BP
Tools

OP
X

xthek1ng

Reaction score
BP tools only makes it try to boot aka makes it never boot up

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Really? BP Tools should take you to CM Recovery. That makes me wonder if Bootstrap was functioning properly.

I've only ever used BP Tools. I never had to use anything else in that menu. Recovery seems like your best bet, but I'm not speaking from experience.

Whether you try Recovery or not, you may be facing a situation where you have to SBF, anyway. Recovery sounds like the logical choice, but it's your call.