stuck on liberty screen

wooddale

Reaction score
Ok while your phone is still on, plug your charger into the phone. Now pull the battery and put it back in. This sometimes cause the phone to go into clockwork recovery. Keep trying a few times. Sometimes it takes me a couple times using different combinations of charger and battery pull.

sent from my Liberty infused Droid 2
I can get into a screen with clockwork recovery Ive even got to where it would give me option to recover saved roms but cant get into bootstrap to recover any ideas

wooddale

Reaction score
even got me to point where it was asking me to start like it was new phone got to enter gmail then got error force close 2 times

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Man what the heck are you doing? If you were in clockwork why didn't you recover? That's the whole point. I don't know what else to tell you. I've tried to help you but you're not following instructions. The first thing you should do before flashing roms is learn how to properly make backups and restore those backups. You need to 1. Get to clockwork recovery 2. Scroll down to backup/restore and select it 3. Select restore 4. Scroll down to a backup of your choosing and select it 5. Scroll to yes and select it 6. Reboot

wooddale

Reaction score
Man what the heck are you doing? If you were in clockwork why didn't you recover? That's the whole point. I don't know what else to tell you. I've tried to help you but you're not following instructions. The first thing you should do before flashing roms is learn how to properly make backups and restore those backups. You need to 1. Get to clockwork recovery 2. Scroll down to backup/restore and select it 3. Select restore 4. Scroll down to a backup of your choosing and select it 5. Scroll to yes and select it 6. Reboot

I did exactly as you said but for some reason it always comes back to liberty when I try and open it goes to ascreen with bat sig strength and time at top and nothing else the rest is black like I said Its just like my screen is missing Ill keep trying I know all the steps by heart by know something else is wrong Thanks a lot for your help I really appreciate it Larry

wooddale

Reaction score

Well man gotta thankyou I had to do it about six or seven times I lost track but finally got it. Im so glad I did have every thing backed up I am back to stock froyo rom Only Liberty comes up instead of M but everything else is the same. Dont know why it took so many times but I here people say keep trying it and it finally worked thanks to you. I owe you a beer man thanks sooo much again. See what other trouble I can get into tommorow.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

Well man gotta thankyou I had to do it about six or seven times I lost track but finally got it. Im so glad I did have every thing backed up I am back to stock froyo rom Only Liberty comes up instead of M but everything else is the same. Dont know why it took so many times but I here people say keep trying it and it finally worked thanks to you. I owe you a beer man thanks sooo much again. See what other trouble I can get into tommorow.
No problem. Glad I could help and glad it worked out for you.

OP
E

EvilWays

thanks for the help on the op guys. i was trying to install a new rom today and it happened again. !!! :( !!!! anyway, trying different bat pulls and charger combos and im not getting anything but android recovery... formatted and wiped several times and nada... im missing my og droid :(