cant SBF

mouthrulez

Reaction score
i think my droid 2 is stuck in a bootloop. i put the liberty ROM on it and wen it turns on the liberty boot logo goes up and then goes to a black screen and freezes. i have RSD lite v4.8 and the sbf file. i plug my fone into the computer and it wont connect so now i cant SBF back. Please Help
-Thanks

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
please keep all your info into 1 post 1st off.....and as for sbfing did you turn the phone off and hold power and x at the same time to get rsd to recognize your phone?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you have rsd lite 4.9, latest drivers and full sbf file? What system are you using? XP? Win 7? Open rsd lite, put phone in bootloader mode (power and up on d2 and power, camera and volume key on dx). Plug in, it should say usb s flash connected, or something similar. Click the box that looks like
(...) find the sbf file (extracted to desktop) and hit start

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7-Droid addict

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
sorry bout that. and it says "battery low Cannot Program" on the droid screen and im using win 7

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
and when i hold power and x it comes up with the "!"

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I said power and up for bootloader. Your battery is dead? You'll need to either get a different battery somehow or find a way to charge yours. It wont charge from the bootloader!
Also on win 7, you'll need to make sure you're running rsd lite as administrator.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
yea i had a brain fart when I posted that...you will do that after the sbf and yes it sounds like you battery is to low by the way your talking and you DONT wanna sbf without atleast 70% bc if the batt dies in the middle of the sbf you have just won a shinny new brick so charge the battery if you can with your phone and if you cant find someone that can for you b4 you sbf

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
ok so i got it to charge. it started to SBF, but then it gets to a certain part and RSD Lite says "Please manually power up this phone". so the fone starts up and stays on the "Liberty" boot logo. great now way?

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
and last time i SBFed my fone i messed up putting this ROM on..and wen i SBF it the fone still had the Liberty boot logo but it worked. Help please

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
ok this make no since at all bc rsd shouldnt say anything about powering the phone back on at all it should just say complet then you do a battery pull then hold the x and power at the same time then hit the search botton wipe data and reboot there you go

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
are you on a D2 or the D2G? if your on the D2 redownload the sbf file out of my sig below and try that out you might have a bad file

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is normal for me to get that message to please manualy power up the phone, but sbf should not leave you with the liberty boot logo. I thought it put you back at out of the box stock! Anyway, as was stated by tilly, boot into stock recovery and do a data wipe (power and x, then the search key, or magnifying glass, when you see the triangle with the!
Reboot and you should be good. If not, try again with sbf

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea u will get a liberty logo if u power right on and let it go without doing a wipe after the battery pull

Blame the figures not me!!!

OP
mouthrulez

mouthrulez

Reaction score
thank you guys! i wait over night and did a factory reset now it works. But can u tell me wat i did wrong. I really want this ROM. First i put the Ginger Bread on it, then i put this ROM on it. i am on Droid 2.