1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

i give up...help please

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod - D2' started by gammaxgoblin, Aug 12, 2011.

1. gammaxgoblin

gammaxgoblin New Member

so i did a warranty exchange and have a new d2. what ive tried so far:
    1. let it boot up, installed z4 and d2bootstrapper > root > bootstrap recovery > install rooted gb > recovery> flash nightly 43 > stuck at m > stock recovery > wipe > stuck at m
    2. sbf to 2.3.2 > root and bootstrap > nightly 43 > stuck at m > stock recovery > wipe > stuck at m
    3. sbf 2.3.2 > root and bs > format system > wipe data and cache > flash nightly 43 > stuck at m...blah blah
    4. sbf 2.3.2 > root and bs and rom manager > install from sd through rom manager with backup, wipe and wipe dalvik > stuck at m

what is the proper way to get to nightly friggin 43 from 2.3.2?
  2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Premium Member Premium Member

SBF 2.3.20 > Install BS > Install z4root (and run) > BS Recovery > Wipe data/factory restore > Advanced > Wipe Dalvik > Wipe Battery Stats > Install .zip from SD > Install CM > Install .zip from SD > Install GApps > Reboot
  3. gammaxgoblin

gammaxgoblin New Member

followed exactly...didnt work....i did check something while was wiping and the option for mount system read mount system....meaning it was unmounted...doesnt it need to be mounted and if so do i mount it before or after wiping all the items?
  4. marty1966

marty1966 New Member

Dude, you need to be on FROYO for CM7.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  5. havens1515

havens1515 New Member

Are you sure they gave you a D2 and not a D2G? Sounds like you are doing everything right. How long did you wait at the m before considering yourself "stuck"? The first boot can sometimes take longer than expected.

EDIT: although, I guess D2 sbf file probably wouldn't work on D2G, so it must be a D2...
  6. marty1966

marty1966 New Member

Isn't "SBF 2.3.2" Gingerbread? What am I missing? I thought you needed to be on FROYO 2.2 in order to install CM7??
  7. gammaxgoblin

gammaxgoblin New Member

2.3.20 is the sbf for froyo...I don't believe there is a gb sbf for the d2 available.

No sim card is this phone..not a d2g...im bewildered

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  8. Inelastic

Inelastic New Member

Try wiping all the data again after you install CM7, before you reboot.