Stolen Droid. What do they have access to?

mrchips05

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My new Droid unfortunately got stolen out here in Chicago last night. Sad day. Thankfully I still had my Tour laying around to reactivate for now. Anyways, I've placed an insurance claim already and had the phone flagged as stolen.

My question is this: What do they have access to on the phone?

The only things I could think of that were permanently logged in were my Google account and Facebook. I changed both passwords on those accounts, so what is still there on the phone? I couldn't find the info anywhere, so I'm curious if my email is stored in the cloud or on the phone? My main concern is them having access to 3 years worth of e-mail...but once they try to access it, it should prompt them for a password and not allow them to view anything I would think.

As soon as I get the new one back, I'll definitely be getting WaveSecure. This is a terrible feeling :(

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No Pattern lock?

OP
M

mrchips05

Reaction score
Nope. My phone is essentially glued to my hands and I've always found those to be more of a pain. Hindsight is 20/20 haha.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sucks to hear. Well they pretty much have access to phone numbers and all that, but if you deactivated it then you should be ok. Hope you get another Droid!

A lock pattern is an ideal method, but I have to agree that the lock pattern is a pain. I constantly look at my phone and a lock pattern would just be a hassle. Guess you just gotta watch after your stuff better

Anomander

Reaction score
Only problem I have with the lock pattern is if you angle the phone right you can see which direction you need to go for the lock pattern. I'm working on training myself to either wipe the screen after I unlock, or move my fingers all around so the smudges will not reveal the pattern.

J-Buck

Reaction score
Just wondering if the droid has the option to lock on power up? If so that would be less of a hassle cause u only gotta do it once, and if u lose it as soon as they turned it off they would be screwed. But then they would just sell it for parts

Daywalker

Reaction score
After I read this I set my pattern lock and got wave secure.

shademar

Reaction score
Go to gmail, look at the bottom of the page for 'last account activity' Hit 'Details' and then 'sign out of all other sessions.' Then change your password and call verizon to deactivate the phone asap.

(I was an idiot and left myself logged in to a demo phone. Until I force logged and changed my password, I couldn't figure out why things kept downloading in the market. :icon_eek:)

Zecpull

Reaction score
I think a Stolen Droid would still be pretty useful if they never tried to reactivate it. I had mine Deactivated for a couple days...because of an update snafu. I could still use it on WiFi and it was great. Verizon has your mein and SN..and there is no way they can activate it...

A

apeshitninja

First off, that's sucks man and I'm sorry to hear it! This has been a concern of mine lately as I realize how many accounts I have associated with the phone and how much info I have stored on it....

Have any of you tried any of Droid tracking apps available? Droidtracker, I believe, allows you to send an SMS message which enables the app and will email you GPS locations and take silent photos with the camera at certain invervals. Sounds great but not sure how useful that will be... since I'd assume the first thing the thief would do was to reset the device and try to sell it or something. I guess it could help if they keep it as is and try to steal your info....but who knows.

dayfornight99

Reaction score
I posted this earlier today but didnt get an answer. It fits with this thread.

I do not like having my gmail constantly open on the droid. If some manages to steal the phone and gets past pattern lock, gmail is wide open for easy access. Is there any way to set up a security screen or password for the gmail icon? I know droid is configured and synced to gmail, but i'd still really like some security for gmail access on the droid.

OP
M

mrchips05

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I haven't seen anything weird going on and none of my friends have received any messages or anything about it. Verizon informed me if anyone wanted, they could turn it in to a store and I could have it mailed back. I've always been in contact with the club to let me know if anyone finds it. But, it's obviously pretty unlikely someone would return it.

I immediately changed my passwords so hopefully they don't have access to my email or anything. Could I ask anyone to try changing their Google account password on their computer and then trying to access their Gmail on their phone and see what happens? Can you see any emails or are you completely locked out?

OP
M

mrchips05

Reaction score
I posted this earlier today but didnt get an answer. It fits with this thread.

I do not like having my gmail constantly open on the droid. If some manages to steal the phone and gets past pattern lock, gmail is wide open for easy access. Is there any way to set up a security screen or password for the gmail icon? I know droid is configured and synced to gmail, but i'd still really like some security for gmail access on the droid.

I have not heard of this, but would definitely not be a bad idea for those that want some extra security.