Still happy with your Maxx?

Caesars

Reaction score
I'm very content with mine, whenever it starts acting up i just factory wipe back into shape :)

Return of the Android

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I love the phone for the signal quality and battery life, that's about it. I've been contemplating the S3 simply for the camera and NFC

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I love mine coming from the razr just for the "bat ray", the only phone I loved more was the DX but that was coming from a BB storm. Explained!

xxwabbit

Reaction score
MattyP said:
For those of you having issues with the camera, I would highly recommend an app called "Camera ICS" ... its much better than the stock camera app... and yes its free in the Store. Takes much better pics, and even has a feature where you can tap the screen during video and take a still shot from the video. I love it. :)

EDIT: It is for ICS only...

Ditto! That's why I never said anything about the camera in my original post.

BaSHa

Reaction score
Have you done a factory data reset since ICS. It is highly recommended and will give you a smooth running phone.

I have done three :icon_eek: I am also running.215 and while all of that helped, I still prefer Pre-ICS MaX.

Dawnrenae

Reaction score
I have never done a factory restore on this phone. Will it mess anything up? If not, how do I do it?

bl8demast3r

Reaction score
My phone is getting very laggy and annoying the problem I have with a factory reset is I'll lose my save game data on my games...

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm still very happy with Mr. Maxx. Mine is not laggy at all, takes adequate pictures (with Camera ICS - Matty's right), and the battery life is AWESOME! I would challenge anyone to find me a better phone out there right now since for me the battery life makes up for any other shortcomings. Others will disagree, and that's OK. To each his own.

I do think the LG Optimus G looks way sweet, but I think the battery life will be mediocre at best, and LG support for updates has been bad in the past. Maybe they will step up with this one. Did I day that the Optimus looks really cool. I hope the phone's function matches it's looks, especially if it ends up being a nexus phone. If it does, I may be tempted. I still think they should have called it the Optimus Prime...who could refuse that??

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

Dawnrenae

Reaction score
@TismyDROID

Of course I just saw this post, after I lost EVERYTHING... Grrrrrrr...

But, thanks for your help.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Dawnrenae said:
@TismyDROID

Of course I just saw this post, after I lost EVERYTHING... Grrrrrrr...

But, thanks for your help.

Oh gee, so sorry. I hope no pics were lost. Everything else is recoverable but just takes time. It is almost always worth it though because your phone will work like new.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Perfectly happy with mine after 8 months. Did an FDR after ICS and it cured all of the little bugs and bad battery life. The camera, for what it is, is fine. I personally don't rely on any of my phones to take important pics. But for spur of the moment, candid fun shots it works just fine.

Dawnrenae

Reaction score
Just did my fdr yesterday! Just got my apps back!!!
Now gonna set up my bluetooth, and we shall see how all goes.

I must say though, I have been through DROIDs left and right. Maxx is the best I have EVER had!

cleave

Reaction score
Nope, not happy at all. I have bought two new routers, gone through two "refurbished" phones and still have wifi connection problems and gps problems. Hate the fact that every time i try to use gps, it takes 2 minutes to locate the satellite (already tried gps dr.). Also, can't get wifi to ever transmit data reliably (will constantly stop transmitting data while a website or app is loading. Happens with multiple wifi locations...not just my home). Think it's ridiculous that i have to install a "leaked" version of something (.215) or an app to try and fix issues. "Official" updates seems to be few and far between.
I have posted for help on these issues numerous times and although i appreciate all the suggestions and support, I'm finally DONE with this phone. It's frustrating to sit around the house and watch my son surf the internet at blazing speeds (with a stock browser), pull up his gps and have it instantly start working...all this on his new iPhone 5. Not too mention the pure simplicity of it's user friendly iOS.

I know a lot of you are going to hate hearing this, but I'm making the switch to iPhone 5 (should be here in a couple weeks). I've been a faithful Android supporter since it's inception, now I'm just tired of dealing with all the little quirks (so tired, that i payed full retail for a 32gb). I understand that iPhone is not without it's issues too, however, I'm completely frustrated with this Maxx and I'm willing to give the iPhone a try. I've played with my son's phone numerous times and I'm quite impressed with it in all aspects. I will be keeping my Maxx though...just in case.

And please don't remind me of the battery. The battery life in the Maxx is simply amazing, and i know the iPhone will not compare with the Maxx. However, I'm retired, so I'm home most of the time and don't have a problem plugging it in or using a car charger while I'm in my car.

I will miss this forum though. I have routinely visited this site daily, just to read all the input from it's very friendly and knowledgeable users. Big thanks to all of you guys (and girls) for all your help :)

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I'm happy with mine for the most part. Battery life isn't what it was, no matter which ROM i try. Might look into flashing back to GB. My only real bug complaint is that its so quick to jump into thermal protection. This makes car dock almost useless, at least in summer. Lag is fixed for me by wiping internal storage. Everything gets crisp again. LTE is not as fast as it used to be either, but that's the carrier. Don't regret the purchase, but battery fading this fast gives me some concern that i may regret it soon.