Still happy with your Maxx?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I've had my Maxx for about 6 months and I have to say that I am not very happy with it. It is very laggy already.

It takes about 3 seconds to take a pic which is useless when you have little kids.

It takes about 2 minutes to get satellites for navigation. The ios6 maps put it to shame last night.

Picture quality is horrible.

I don't think I'll ever be happy with any phone like I was with my OG Droid (which I'm using right now).

Everyone else still happy with theirs?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mleber

Reaction score
Bang Pow Boom said:
I've had my Maxx for about 6 months and I have to say that I am not very happy with it. It is very laggy already.

It takes about 3 seconds to take a pic which is useless when you have little kids.

It takes about 2 minutes to get satellites for navigation. The ios6 maps put it to shame last night.

Picture quality is horrible.

I don't think I'll ever be happy with any phone like I was with my OG Droid (which I'm using right now).

Everyone else still happy with theirs?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

loved mine until ics...now laggy with camera like you say and phone its also very slow to dial. battery life got a lot worse also. Thought it was the perfect phone until ics. But the og droid was awful for me so it is still much better than that.

cbreze

Reaction score
Love mine still. Had it since January. It's the best phone that works for me because it does everything I need it to do which is the bottom line. The cam for my needs is just fine as I get great pics, in daylight. Don't need any other kind. Great hot spot speed even on 3G. Connects almost instantly. My GPS takes about a minute. No biggie. I rarely need it with one in the car and another for trails. So, it really does depend on need and what works great for one may not for another. I hope you find what you need. Still rocking gingerbread of course and not one issue with it.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Love mine... But.. GPS used to have a very quick lock even in my house. Battery is as good if not better. That's my only complaint.

aarong03

Reaction score
Love mine... But.. GPS used to have a very quick lock even in my house. Battery is as good if not better. That's my only complaint.
I had same problem with my GPS on my Maxx. I tried the app called GPS Doctor, very skeptical but it really did the job. I tried it last night and within 3-4 sec I had GPS signal.

BaSHa

Reaction score
I was happier pre ICS but am still fairly happy with it.

jwfuller78

Reaction score
Same here, I was more satisfied prior to ICS. I just did a hard reset in the hopes that it will speed up. The battery is very awesome though.

And yeah, the camera is HORRIBLE!

chhare

Reaction score
I am happy with my Maxx for the most part. ICS seemed to throw things for a loop, but after tweaking and resetting, things seem to be good. I do agree about the camera, although my usage is normally during the day with good lighting. GPS lately has been slow to link up and have been messing with some helper apps for that. Nothing new to report there. Battery life is the main plus with this phone, and mine will go for 2 days with normal use. Never got that with any other phone I had.

cbreze

Reaction score
Sounds like ICS is causing issues for some. Glad I held back on that update. Hopefully an update to that update will help you all out that are having problems.
Just my opinion , but I think gingerbread is their most solid os to date. I've seen ICS and didn't really see anything worth updating for. I used to always want the latest and greatest and was the first one chomping at the bit to get it on my device, but now I appreciate what works the best for my needs. And when LTE gets to my area, hopefully soon, it'll be like rocking a new faster device, can't wait for that.

dhinged

Reaction score
It's gotten a little laggy, runs out of memory a little more often, and I have a strange blinking notification light that appears to coming from nothing. Overall I need the speed and memory over the Droid, but Froyo's interface is easier to read and use, and overall I like stock Ice Cream Sandwich on the Galaxy Nexus better, mostly because the Dialer/Contacts apps are easier to use. Smart Actions on the Razr are awesome though, and overall the Razr's speed and consistency seems to be better than the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon, and it fits more text and lines on the screen than the Nexus does for some reason, which is an oversize phone ironically.

chinkster

Reaction score
Still happy with mine. Mainly because of battery life tho. I do get a few random reboots here and there. That's one thing I don't like about android is the random reboot bug that they just can't seem to get a handle on. It might happen when the cpu is overloaded as in too many tasks... Also why is there no facetime equivalent on Android? Instead we have to resort to Tango which is awful. There should be a AOSP version of video calls

Droid RAZR Maxx

mleber

Reaction score
Still happy with mine. Mainly because of battery life tho. I do get a few random reboots here and there. That's one thing I don't like about android is the random reboot bug that they just can't seem to get a handle on. It might happen when the cpu is overloaded as in too many tasks... Also why is there no facetime equivalent on Android? Instead we have to resort to Tango which is awful. There should be a AOSP version of video calls

Droid RAZR Maxx

Have u tried oovoo? It works pretty well and can chat with ios users and works over 4g not just wireless.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those of you having issues with the camera, I would highly recommend an app called "Camera ICS" ... its much better than the stock camera app... and yes its free in the Store. Takes much better pics, and even has a feature where you can tap the screen during video and take a still shot from the video. I love it. :)

EDIT: It is for ICS only...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
chinkster said:

Droid RAZR Maxx

I have had my phone since March and it has had a random reboot maybe two times, only once since ICS. Totally freaked me out because it doesn't happen with my Maxx. Then I remembered I use to get them all the time with my other Androids. Have you done a factory data reset since ICS. It is highly recommended and will give you a smooth running phone.