Bragging about Low battery life on MAXX

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
First day, full charge... 9.25 hrs /30% ...
Everything running,4g,, tons of widgets, HEAVY! Use updating, downloading, YouTube, movie,slacker radio and still trucking along! 440 miles and rolling interstate flipping towers like mad!

I LOVE THIS THING!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

cece5702

Reaction score
I Love it!!! :icon_ lala:
First day, full charge... 9.25 hrs /30% ...
Everything running,4g,, tons of widgets, HEAVY! Use updating, downloading, YouTube, movie,slacker radio and still trucking along! 440 miles and rolling interstate flipping towers like mad!

I LOVE THIS THING!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
6pm light use 3g off wifi on 84% right now! I think 12hrs with 21% left with heavy use is freaken awesome! This phone is meant to be used and I love it!!dancedroid

SOLO!

Reaction score
I'm a heavy user also and after an 8 hour charge last night, my Maxx only lasted 12 hours. Currently battery is less than 5%, and I haven't used/seen 4G at all today. Web surfed, Words w/ Friends, normal texting/checking e-mail. It's definitely better than my D2 that would quit after 4 hours so I shouldn't complain, but I'm not celebrating a phone battery lasting the whole day. I thought that's what it was supposed to do.

cece5702

Reaction score
I tried my Maxx today on all 4G to see what my battery would be like but when I went to the movies it went to 3G and would stay there for the next two hours. Its still going strong though :) Back home now so its on Wifi!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm a heavy user also and after an 8 hour charge last night, my Maxx only lasted 12 hours. Currently battery is less than 5%, and I haven't used/seen 4G at all today. Web surfed, Words w/ Friends, normal texting/checking e-mail. It's definitely better than my D2 that would quit after 4 hours so I shouldn't complain, but I'm not celebrating a phone battery lasting the whole day. I thought that's what it was supposed to do.

Now are you turning 4G and GPS(when you don't need it) off when your using Wifi? That will help you see better battery life. You can set that up using the smart actions that comes with your phone.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Im on 4G all day too. Its a 4G phone with a monster battery might as well take advantage of it.

Well and good I agree but when people post their battery life is not as good as some people post about I just share what can be done to see those numbers. :happy3:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

I wonder if you were perhaps starting out with less than a full charge. I know you had it on charge for 8 hours, but if the phone was ON while charging it may not actually get a FULL (100% of actual battery capacity) charge. There is a situation that occurs when charging the phone while powered on where the phone's power consumption while charging "fools" the charging circuitry into thinking the battery has reached a 100% capacity charge even when it's only 85% or so.

Also, while on the charger, it will stop charging the battery to prevent overcharge, but since the phone is still drawing power, the actual State Of Charge (SOC) can diminish. The charging circuitry will not resume charging until the battery drops by 10%, and if it started at only 85%, that means it will drop by another 8.5% from there, or to a low of 77% before trying to replenish back to the 85% it started at.

To be sure you have reached a true 100% capacity charge, power the phone off BEFORE plugging it in. Then plug the power cord in, and the phone will boot into Charge-only mode. A large battery icon will appear and there will be a simulated liquid level displayed. The screen will timeout after about 10-15 seconds. Allow it to charge in that state over night. To check the charge level, quickly press and release the power button and wait 1-3 seconds until the display lights up. The large battery will indicate the actual SOC. Once it's at 100%, you can remove it and power up the phone.

Now you can enjoy a FULL charge and experience the actual battery life.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Any idea why battery drops to 99% the minute I unplug the phone from charger

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

holmesjonathan1

Reaction score
I wonder if you were perhaps starting out with less than a full charge. I know you had it on charge for 8 hours, but if the phone was ON while charging it may not actually get a FULL (100% of actual battery capacity) charge. There is a situation that occurs when charging the phone while powered on where the phone's power consumption while charging "fools" the charging circuitry into thinking the battery has reached a 100% capacity charge even when it's only 85% or so.

Also, while on the charger, it will stop charging the battery to prevent overcharge, but since the phone is still drawing power, the actual State Of Charge (SOC) can diminish. The charging circuitry will not resume charging until the battery drops by 10%, and if it started at only 85%, that means it will drop by another 8.5% from there, or to a low of 77% before trying to replenish back to the 85% it started at.

To be sure you have reached a true 100% capacity charge, power the phone off BEFORE plugging it in. Then plug the power cord in, and the phone will boot into Charge-only mode. A large battery icon will appear and there will be a simulated liquid level displayed. The screen will timeout after about 10-15 seconds. Allow it to charge in that state over night. To check the charge level, quickly press and release the power button and wait 1-3 seconds until the display lights up. The large battery will indicate the actual SOC. Once it's at 100%, you can remove it and power up the phone.

Now you can enjoy a FULL charge and experience the actual battery life.

I leave my droid charge on 24/7. This AM I perused this and other droid blogs from 5 til now (6:15 AM). Went from 75% battery to 12% battery in that time. On a normal workday Iget up @4:30 AM and by 2:30 in the afternoon I need to recharge. It's @ 100% when I get up. I'm at work so I only actively use it for about 4.5 hours in that time. This is my primary phone so turning it off at night is really not an option, what if there's an urgent call I need to receive? I tend to keep a police scanner app running through the night also. So the question is, WTH can I do to get 24 hours of battery life on a charge? BTW on my 40 min. drive to work and the same drive home it's on the car charger as well. Any further words off wisdom will be appreciated!
ALOHA!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So the question is, WTH can I do to get 24 hours of battery life on a charge? BTW on my 40 min. drive to work and the same drive home it's on the car charger as well. Any further words off wisdom will be appreciated!
ALOHA!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Well I used the charge for 2 weeks and I don't think your going to get that kind of battery life with that phone unless you get a bigger battery.. I had to charge the Charge at least once during the day and I am a light user compared to most. Either get a bigger battery or get the Maxx.. ;)

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

Because it does not give it a full charge so that it does not over charge it. Its not a big deal and your going to get plenty of juice even when it drops down to 99% right away.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Because it does not give it a full charge so that it does not over charge it. Its not a big deal and your going to get plenty of juice even when it drops down to 99% right away.

This is true. In fact, if you really think about it, the battery can't have 100% but for a split second after removing from charge because the phone immediately starts drawing Power from the battery. Not to mention that once fully charged the charger shuts down to prevent overcharging, and waits until the level depletes to about 90% at which point it resumes charging to 100% and starts the process all over again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no idea whether FoxKat is right or not but the logic of his claims and the fact that he spends as much time as he does educating the rest of us in the arcane details of battery management is good enough for me. :biggrin: