Still happy with your Maxx?

Susie2057

Reaction score
Still happy with the Razr Maxx but wish they would get the fix out for the ICS update. Phone is laggy at times. Phone used to last more than a day but now lasts just the day.

Lk1730

Reaction score
Was kind of disappointed when I realized background data on/off was no longer there. I was expecting great 4g LTE but was dismayed that it wasn't as I expected. I realized the 21 hours talk time and movie watching was done on 3G as far as I understand lol. After a few days with the Phone going from my bionic with extended battery the Max is still growing on me. When I saw how laggy ICS was on the Maxx I was glad my bionic was still on gingerbread lol. But I bought this Max used and sold my bionic on eBay.

After realizing how big the transition was from GB to ICS its understandable why4G would burn the battery quicker. I'm still growing on this phone. Time will tell. Hopefully the fix will have me enjoy this phone more. I'm going to miss my bionic and the reliability of GB

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Lk1730, make sure your phone data is not set to global but set to LTE/CDMA...it will make a huge difference on battery and signal. Go to settings --->more... (under data usage) ---> mobile networks ---> network mode ---> select LTE/CDMA.

Lk1730

Reaction score
Have done though. Oddly enough it seems my bionic on extended battery got more juice than my Max on LTE even with background restecitoon. But then again GB to ICS was a huge step.

Lk1730

Reaction score
Here's a question what's the most you've gotten out of 3g and 4g none stop internet browsing? I'm on 3g so far I'm near 30-50 heading towards three hours.

ndtaylor77

Reaction score
I think it is safe to say this is the last Motorola phone for me. Droid 2 - crap, Droid X2- garbage. Droid Razr Maxx- I got it for battery life; Unfortunately that is the only impressive thing about this phone.

Last edited:

jtc303

Reaction score
ndtaylor77 said:
I think it is safe to say this is the last Motorola phone for me. Droid 2 - crap, Droid X2- garbage. Droid Razr Maxx- I got it for battery life; Unfortunately that is the only impressive thing about this phone.

What exactly are you disappointed in?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Haven't been in the forums for a little while but glad I came to see this thread.

Yes I still love my MAXX, mainly thanks to the battery life. I prefer GB though because of the size of the on screen tap buttons. ICS does seem slower, too but it's not to the point to where it's a big deal for me.

Two apps I'm going to install thanks to this thread are: GPS Doctor and Camera ICS. Haven't heard of those. Have had issues with my GPS being a little bit slow and I'm not too thrilled with my camera. I shall see how things change. Also found an app to boost signal strength that I installed, called Network Signal Speed Booster. There's a paid, ad-free version, as well.

At this point, I REALLY can't see any reason to upgrade. At least, not until maybe Microsoft releases Windows Phone 9 (a couple years down the road) and we get a better idea of where this cloud computing idea is going.

My other gripe is the crap quality of the Motorola car dock/rapid charger. It shorts out and I know I'm not the only user on this board with that problem.

Edit: I'm not a fan of the keyboard, but it's still better than what I upgraded from. I have big hands, I had a smaller screen even before the MAXX. Wish I could've held out for something that has a battery as good as the MAXX's and the size of the Omnia's (the Omnia II according to reports is coming to VZW, whereas the Omnia I was only on AT&T). Voice recognition works really well, though for me.

Last edited:

cbroussard99

Reaction score
Not happy at all with the Maxx. I have had nothing but trouble with the keyboards in the last week. Haptic feed back stopped working and auto correction too. Not rooted at all, only changes I have done are the ICS uodate . This phone is garbage...

jtc303

Reaction score
cbroussard99 said:
Not happy at all with the Maxx. I have had nothing but trouble with the keyboards in the last week. Haptic feed back stopped working and auto correction too. Not rooted at all, only changes I have done are the ICS uodate . This phone is garbage...

Have you tried an FDR?

Pretty minor crap to call a phone garbage for...

cbroussard99

Reaction score
jtc303 said:
Have you tried an FDR?

Pretty minor crap to call a phone garbage for...

I have done an FDR...for the amount of money paid at full price to keep my unlimited data plan, garbage is being nice....

jtc303

Reaction score
I have done an FDR...for the amount of money paid at full price to keep my unlimited data plan, garbage is being nice....
lol because haptic feedback (why do you even need that?) doesn't work... and auto correct...? you do know there are tons of keyboard apps you can download that would probably fix that, right?

Its always funny when someone has some minor issue and suddenly its crap... like when you're talking about some hot girl and there's that one guy that says she's a dog because her index toe is longer than her big toe

Last edited:

cbroussard99

Reaction score
jtc303 said:
lol because haptic feedback (why do you even need that?) doesn't work... and auto correct...? you do know there are tons of keyboard apps you can download that would probably fix that, right?

I've tried Gingerbread, Swiftkey, and stock to no avail. The auto correct is very important as I have to type fast while at work and on the job and can't always check to make sure things are spelled right when time is of the essence. I work hard for money and want something worth its value. Sorry it just me...