[ROM] Steel Droid 4.0 (DX) - Gingerbread 2.3.7 - 4-23-2012

darkreaper476

Reaction score
does the CAMERA WORK???...... Ive been flashing like mad just to find a FULLY functional rom without having to go all they back to like February of 2011 to get a stable rom.... its like EVERY rom I try now a days has some RIDICULOUS issue that just KILLS me and the camera is a main function that SHOULD WORK... ive considered going back to STOCK just to have a stable phone again..... its sad....

(sorry its been a frustrating day for my phone...)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
darkreaper476 said:
does the CAMERA WORK???...... Ive been flashing like mad just to find a FULLY functional rom without having to go all they back to like February of 2011 to get a stable rom.... its like EVERY rom I try now a days has some RIDICULOUS issue that just KILLS me and the camera is a main function that SHOULD WORK... ive considered going back to STOCK just to have a stable phone again..... its sad....

(sorry its been a frustrating day for my phone...)

As far as I know it should be working. It was working when I had a DX to test with. I don't have one now, so I Ned everyone's help to make sure everything is working again.

darkreaper476

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I tried ur rom ages ago. Not sure what pushed me away.. used to be a bit of a flash attic lol. But now I'm just sad that I see these roms that are stupid fast with amazing features and yet we are losing basic functionality...... as much as I loved CM, steel Droid, bugless beast, and many more on my og droid.. and I can still pick it up and use it to its fullest.... wish I can with my X again lol

thanks for the reply didn't expect one from the Dev XD there's a first for everything lol so can Any one with an
X tell me if this awesome looking rom is missing any functionality?

Thanks

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I made a new build for the DX, but I have no idea if it will even boot for people. I guess I could release it and let some people try it, and let me know. If it works, I will put a few finishing touches on it, and make it a full release. Im uploading the zip right now. Will post a link as soon as its up. Then I have to head to bed. This will make 4 releases tonight. Im pooped! lol

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
This will still be based on the GB kernel from x13thangel's repo. If that doesnt work, I guess its back to the Froyo kernel (not a terribly hard thing to do, just have to do it. lol)

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
DOWNLOAD SDX BOOT TEST ROM

Not sure why I put on 4.7 as the version number, but it IS for the Droid X. Version should have been 4.5, but who cares. lol might just make it 5.0 when its official. Let me know if it boots!

Martillo

Reaction score

Not sure why I put on 4.7 as the version number, but it IS for the Droid X. Version should have been 4.5, but who cares. lol might just make it 5.0 when its official. Let me know if it boots!
It flashes and boots. :)

I have not had the time to do anything more than to see it do that, but it looks like the need to go back to FROYO is gone. Nice.

leftspin

Reaction score

I'm downloading it now, I'm gonna flash it as soon as it's done and I'll let you know how it goes

EDIT- Nevermind, Martillo already did it haha.

darkreaper476

Reaction score
It definitely boots, in attempt to zoom in with the camera it crashed my phone. (locked it up and I had to reboot). I can take a picture. but the camcorder has the out of focus issue. as soon as you click record the camera loses focus.. this seems to be a common issues with GB roms.... also I can not play videos previously recorded with the phone.. maybe I was on a Blur rom when I recorded them but still... its an MP4 not sure what the actual codec is at the moment...hmmm...

runner4life

Reaction score
Still haven't flashed the 4.7. For those of you who have updated, any issues you've come across?

darkreaper476

Reaction score
Besides what u read already. The wifi Bluetooth and gps settings sometimes don't like to stick (rarely) a reboot fixes it right up. And the 3g hacks in the advanced settings break 3g lol they need to off.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh how I miss me some steel Droid. OK do I need to go buy another device so I can enjoy these updates? Lol
Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

runner4life

Reaction score
so I'm on vacation. went to record some videos last night and when I begin recording it instantly becomes blurry and out of focus. is this a known issue?

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
I will make an update as soon as I can. Just got my GB source back up and building. Tons of errors straight out of a fresh sync. Still needs tested.