chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I gotcha guys. I will revert back to the Froyo kernel base probably. Unless I can get someone to help me fix this. I will ask 13thangel about it. Its his device setup Im using right now.

ExcludedDroid

Reaction score
Hey, first off, many thanks for still caring about us die hard DroidX users. I for one have always appreciated your work, ever since my Droid og.

Now, since the 4.0 version was based off of the GB kernel, and you got the 4.5 base from 13thangel, it should also be the GB base too, right? I'm not entirely sure if this is still the case, but the "official" CM7 releases for the DX for a long time were froyo releases, up until at least a month ago when I looked into them. Perhaps it's possible that 13thangel accidentally used the official CM7 release and thus based it off of froyo kernel? Or am I just totally wrong?...haha. At any rate, I would love to try this rom out for size with the new changes!

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Hey, first off, many thanks for still caring about us die hard DroidX users. I for one have always appreciated your work, ever since my Droid og.

Now, since the 4.0 version was based off of the GB kernel, and you got the 4.5 base from 13thangel, it should also be the GB base too, right? I'm not entirely sure if this is still the case, but the "official" CM7 releases for the DX for a long time were froyo releases, up until at least a month ago when I looked into them. Perhaps it's possible that 13thangel accidentally used the official CM7 release and thus based it off of froyo kernel? Or am I just totally wrong?...haha. At any rate, I would love to try this rom out for size with the new changes!

Wait. What? CM7 uses GB kernel as the base for the DX now?

ExcludedDroid

Reaction score
No, I don't think they do. The cm7.2. 0 rc is apparently based off the 340 kernel, which is froyo. The 4.0 build was a GB base. One would have to sbf to 340 to run 4.5. Meh, I like gingerbread too much!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
chevycam94

chevycam94

Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
No, I don't think they do. The cm7.2. 0 rc is apparently based off the 340 kernel, which is froyo. The 4.0 build was a GB base. One would have to sbf to 340 to run 4.5. Meh, I like gingerbread too much!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If you would be so kind as to test v4.5 for me with the Froyo and GB kernels, and see if EITHER of them work, that would be awesome. I dont have a DX to test with anymore.

v4.5 for DX
Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

leftspin

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but why do you say that? (Legit question, I have not tried it.) Where does it stand out vs other GB ROMs?

For me it always had the best balance of battery life, speed, performance and stability. Not to mention it's extremely customizable.

I always felt like other GB ROMs with great battery life and speed lacked a lot of aesthetics and customization tools and the more tweak-able ones didn't perform as well. All of the CM7 based ROMs are also nice, if Steel Droid had 1% battery increments and a few other things on the GB kernel it would probably beat CM7 in my opinion.

runner4life

Reaction score
Did 4.5 have the FFVII ringtone? Now that it had to be reverted, 4.0 does not include it I'm guessing?

cmiller5778

Reaction score
Might have a little luck in this thread... just rooted my phone, getting ready to load vrs 4.0 for the driod x, question is do i need to load gapps as well when installing rom

leftspin

Reaction score
Might have a little luck in this thread... just rooted my phone, getting ready to load vrs 4.0 for the driod x, question is do i need to load gapps as well when installing rom

Nope, gapps are prepackaged with Steel Droid