[ROM] SSX 2.2 (2.3.7) Incl. 1% Battery and Other Goodies

Animal

Reaction score
Flashed this earlier today over CM7 on .605

Everything went smooth and worked great... until I just had to go and theme it. I flashed the Crystal theme by Dark Dog, which is absolutely gorgeous for those who aren't familiar, and that worked great aside from the battery icon remaining stock SSX. This was not really a surprise and was certainly not yet a deal breaker. The problem came when I tried to flash the full system morph and got my very most favorite result... bootloop

So I wiped in stock recovery and flashed my CM7 backup. I plan on flashing it again but I'm curious if anyone has had similar issues or knows where I went wrong?

OP
JSM9872

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Flashed this earlier today over CM7 on .605

Everything went smooth and worked great... until I just had to go and theme it. I flashed the Crystal theme by Dark Dog, which is absolutely gorgeous for those who aren't familiar, and that worked great aside from the battery icon remaining stock SSX. This was not really a surprise and was certainly not yet a deal breaker. The problem came when I tried to flash the full system morph and got my very most favorite result... bootloop

So I wiped in stock recovery and flashed my CM7 backup. I plan on flashing it again but I'm curious if anyone has had similar issues or knows where I went wrong?

If it was a metamorph specifically for CM7 then they do not always work when applied to other ROMs unfortunately, even if they have a CM base. I have run into this a number of times.

Reaction score
Battery life is amazing on this. I've been running all day with heavy use; Ebay, text, Facebook, market ect.. And i'm at 74% with no mid day charge. I'm very impressed.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

bmali22

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a app killer built into this ROM? On miui I could hold the home button to bring up a app killer

bmali22

Reaction score
Also hold the back button to kill apps when I exit

Animal

Reaction score
If it was a metamorph specifically for CM7 then they do not always work when applied to other ROMs unfortunately, even if they have a CM base. I have run into this a number of times.

I've re-flashed and again tried to theme. Last time around I booted into recovery to flash the morph file immediately following selection of the theme and got the bootloop. This time I selected my theme and decided to reboot without bothering with the morph. The status bar (including the battery as it was a different theme) and dock did change properly as it should before the reboot... but instead of the remainder of the icons and widgets being themed when it booted up, it all went back to stock SSX.

So how do I get the theme to stick and how do I create a proper morph for the lockscreen after that?

And thanks for the help so far.

Oh - and the morphs I tried were through zipthemer but I've used metamorph as well.

Last edited:

en28so

Reaction score
Trying 2.2 right now, since 2.1 would never keep my settings. So far so good. Great improvement over 2.1. Thanks again chevy

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

bL33d

Reaction score
Had data issues on wifi and 3g with this rom. And i always wipe eveything and never restore apps so not sure whats up with this rom seen a few other complain about data not working also.

en28so

Reaction score
Had data issues on wifi and 3g with this rom. And i always wipe eveything and never restore apps so not sure whats up with this rom seen a few other complain about data not working also.

I hate to say it, but same here. :'(
It's a shame because it's such a nice rom. For some reason some roms work better for some phones and not others.

Lordbutt

Reaction score
Checking out SS v. 2.2

Loaded 2.2 non themed over OTA 605. Went very smooth. Looking forward to checking it out. Will not add any themes or crapware until I give it a through test.

By the way, Juice Defender really fouled up the radios on 2.1. Once I uninstalled JD, my radio problems disappeared. (I am testing 2.2 w/o JD). Will report on radios, battery, etc in a few days.

Last edited:

Lordbutt

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but same here. :'(
It's a shame because it's such a nice rom. For some reason some roms work better for some phones and not others.

One thing about fixing radio problems: One, turn off all radios and then select airplane mode (whether it "sticks" or not), then reboot your phone. It should come up in airplane mode. Now turn on the radios. On the X, this will sync the data/WIFI toggles (unless you have something like juice defender interfering with the process).

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For all of those who have this installed please mark as installed in the OP and nominate your developer for DOTM