SPen IS Getting Stuck In The Galaxy Note 7

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Last year we had a bit of a "Gate" situation with the Note 5 Spen. A few very unsuspecting knuckle heads decided to insert the Note 5 Spen backwards. This turned into a pretty sticky situation for Samsung who thought their customers would have enough common since to not need a play by play walk through to know not to stick the pen in backwards. Of course accidents do happen and if you are absent minded enough you may have accidentally inserted your SPen in backwards. It turned out their was a blurb inside the Note 7 manual telling you not to insert the SPen in backwards. When this started happening to consumers Samsung said "refer to your manual".

Luckily Samsung fixed the stuck backwards SPen in the Note 7. Unfortunately it seems that inserting your SPen into the Note 7 the correct way can cause it to be stuck. If your push to far the clicky top catches a seal and their is not enough space to dig the SPen out of the cavity. This is not an isolated issue. Many users have already jammed their SPen in their Note 7. This is kind of an annoying issue, and Samsung can't seem to catch a break with the SPen gate! Has this happened to any of you?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This boggles my mind! SERIOUSLY! I'm sitting here playing with the wife's Note 7 after reading Shanes article and I honestly can't see how someone could shove the pen in SO hard that it would get stuck. You can't insert the pen backwards and you aren't required to only insert it one way, meaning you can insert it with the button up or down, and it clicks into place nicely with minimal effort. You would literally have to JAM it into place in order to get it stuck.

One would think that spending almost 900 bucks on such a high end device, that you would treat it with care. But even then, it's not like you have to handle it with kid gloves either!
SMDH

S5 tap'n

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
When you are in a rush you tend to overexert doing basic physical tasks without even realizing it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
So true FoxKat, so true. It already seems completely idiot proof "as is", that's why I'm so amazed this is even an issue. But it makes complete sense that the guy had to argue with T-Mobile for an hour to get them to send him a replacement. IMO, it sounds like maybe this guys 4 y/o got ahold of his device and was playing around with the Spen and jammed it there and now he wants a replacement without having to pay for it, all the while thinking that if he threw it up on YouTube it might somehow validate his claim.
Is there something in the water....besides toxic fluoride? Seems like the average nationwide IQ levels have been plummeting lately. LOL!

S5 tap'n

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I havent been abke tp get my Spen stuck either way...only thing that bugs me about it is getting to it with a case on is a little more difficult. But sounds like some are bending the pen to get it caught under the bezel.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good point about the case J.... depending on how the cut out is. The wife's has a decent cut out on her case.
730317cd4d1fa8a9c32ff7bc6a407bb1.jpg

Now if the cutout was similar to her headphone jack cutout, that could definitely be an issue with insert & remove the spen.

S5 tap'n

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Mines got a decent cutout...but i got big fingers too. But I'm still pretty careful with the Spen. I guess it all comes down to that. Just be careful and probably won't have any issues.

shockracer

Reaction score
I can't see it getting stock either, if you are treating the phone with a little respect. The only thing I've caught with mine is if you bump the bottom hard enough (phone vertical, moving downward and stop it like a light drop) the S-Pen will slide out. So now if I bump it hard I'll make sure it's not falling out.

Reactions: cr6

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I had mine get "stuck" but upon further inspection it wasn't actually stuck. The clicker part failed to "release" or click which gave me no way of removing it without prying it out. I had to get it out and "click" it multiple times to get it to function again.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I had mine get "stuck" but upon further inspection it wasn't actually stuck. The clicker part failed to "release" or click which gave me no way of removing it without prying it out. I had to get it out and "click" it multiple times to get it to function again.

That's a bummer! I'd return it for a replacement Miller. If the spring is already giving you problems after just a few days....

S5 tap'n

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
That's a bummer! I'd return it for a replacement Miller. If the spring is already giving you problems after just a few days....

S5 tap'n
I would but I can't make it duplicate the issue now. It was just that once Saturday or Sunday whenever it happened.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I would but I can't make it duplicate the issue now. It was just that once Saturday or Sunday whenever it happened.

Are you a pen clicker? That might make it fail early...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a fluke and Samsung does right by the customer, unless the guys used a hammer and punch to put the spen in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: cr6