Galaxy Note 7 Guaranteed To Break The Bank! Price Tag Confirmed!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-7.jpg

We now have a confirmed announcement date for the Galaxy Note 7. Samsung will give us all the details on August 2nd. If you are smart you have already started to set aside cash for this device. If not you may want to start thinking about remortgaging the house! The Galaxy S7 Edge was pretty high with a $799 price tag at release, but SamMobile has outed the price of the Galaxy Note 7. In Europe it will run €849 or $939. That is a€50 increase from the price of the Galaxy S7 Edge.

For some reason it seems that the European versions of the Galaxy devices always end up costing more. I wouldn't really expect to see a $939 price tag in the US. Instead I would expect to pay $849 which is about a $50 increase on the Galaxy S7 Edge. Still $850 is pretty high especially when you consider this device may only include 4GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 820 cpu. There is still hope that the phone will release with a slightly updated Snapdragon 821 and 6GB of Ram, but even then $850 still seems pretty steep for a phone. Heck I only paid $550 for the last laptop I bought!

What do you guys think? What are you willing to pay for the next generation Samsung Phablet device? Keep in mind it comes with an SPen, dual edge display, IP64 waterproofing, expandable storage, and usb type c.

Would you pay
$950
$850
$699
<$650

SamMobile

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Omg, were almost up to a grand for a phone...geez.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Apple sells their iPhones for a grand Samsung wants to be more like Apple. With people buying phones via share plans it won't cause many to bat an eye.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Apple sells their iPhones for a grand Samsung wants to be more like Apple. With people buying phones via share plans it won't cause many to bat an eye.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Apple's will have a price reduction of $100. on the next phone as their market share is slipping.
People do not want to py $1000. bucks for a phone. How Sammy thinks they can demand this price escapes me.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not even about that life. They can keep it at that price. It makes no sense for there to be that much of a price creep from year to year.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's something to really think about for plenty of peeps ...if you are getting 820 with 4GB there are other nice options at cheaper prices or picking up S7 edge from swappa at nicely discounted price brand new ...

I don't have a problem paying $850 same as what I paid for my iPhone ...but the closer it's getting to release the more I am thinking of waiting for all the phones to release 4th Qtr and pick another phone ...

6S PLUS

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Love the Notes but hate the edges so I'll have to pass. Seems like they want next year's prices for last year's technology.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's something to really think about for plenty of peeps ...if you are getting 820 with 4GB there are other nice options at cheaper prices or picking up S7 edge from swappa at nicely discounted price brand new ...

I don't have a problem paying $850 same as what I paid for my iPhone ...but the closer it's getting to release the more I am thinking of waiting for all the phones to release 4th Qtr and pick another phone ...

6S PLUS
I'll finish paying off my Note4 about then so I'm with you in that regard about waiting. By then there'll either be something better, the price will have dropped, or I won't have to hold my nose and settle for a sealed back until next year. If this phone ever gets M and a firmware update doesn't kill it I might just buy a new battery and coax it along for another 2 years or until I find one I won't feel like I'm settling for. I paid $800 for this beast and had to think long and hard about doing so. There's just nothing available or even in the rumor mill that I'd pay that much for again or even more for that matter.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'll finish paying off my Note4 about then so I'm with you in that regard about waiting. By then there'll either be something better, the price will have dropped, or I won't have to hold my nose and settle for a sealed back until next year. If this phone ever gets M and a firmware update doesn't kill it I might just buy a new battery and coax it along for another 2 years or until I find one I won't feel like I'm settling for. I paid $800 for this beast and had to think long and hard about doing so. There's just nothing available or even in the rumor mill that I'd pay that much for again or even more for that matter.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

I hear ya ! I bought the iPhone in November and paid it off already interest free ...I'd like to be sure before going another $850 or more ...there are some good phones for less too...I wouldn't mind just adding a lower priced Android and keep this phone ...we shall see maybe sell IPhone till the next year model ...lol

Of course everything I say goes out the window on release days lmao

6S PLUS

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I swallowed hard on my $600 nexus 6p. I won't pay more than that.
I'm not a fan of the "edge" style of Samsung, and the beginning price is absurd, and going to 4GB, a 820 processor, and not the latest Android, I'll say not a chance if those specs prove correct.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I'm not a fan of the "edge" style of Samsung, and the beginning price is absurd, and going to 4GB, a 820 processor, and not the latest Android, I'll say not a chance if those specs prove correct.
I am sure they will push the "soon" to be upgraded to nougat. And then the 8 month wait begins.