The Note 7 Will Only Have 4GB Of RAM?!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Earlier today some Galaxy Note 7 benchmarks hit the web. The benchmarks confirm that the new Samsung phablet will only feature 4GB of RAM. Rumors surrounding this device have been pretty united in stating that the device will arrive with 6GB of ram. While 4GB is for the most part plenty it can be a bit disheartening when a $400 device like the OnePlus 3 comes with 6GB. If you want even more bad news the benchmark also reveals that the phone will come with a Snapdragon 820 instead of the expected Snapdragon 823. The phone may also ship with Marshmallow. This may just be a larger version of the Galaxy S7 Edge with an S-Pen.

If there is nothing to differentiate the Note 7 from the Galaxy S7 Edge other than the screen size and S-Pen inclusion will you be willing to drop up to $900 on the phone? Do you think modeling the specs for this phone after the S7 is a good idea, or do you think Samsung should update the specs even if only slightly?

via Geekbench

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Perhaps this is more of a "lite" version? If this device is going to be in the $900 range it better have some major sweet features otherwise I will order another Note 4 to have a round.

4gb of ram to me doesn't mean much but if it is only an S7 edge with S pen I will be very disappointed. I wasn't really wowed by anything on the Note 5 other than a few small features like screen off memo and scrolling screen shots. I got both of those on my Note 4 with the MM update.

My note 4 has always seemed to "lag" when opening Web pages or browsers. Also many other stock apps always seem to open slow. I want a device that will open apps when I click on them.

I will try to keep a positive attitude until Aug 2nd. But if this device is affordable I still plan on getting it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I think that this is the Lite version.
This is Benchmarks from last week.

b1b64cde30d2ae5e8a47120590156cd0.jpg

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
If the above image isn't correct and more like the SM-N930F I would pass on it myself. But if more like SM-N935F I would be more all in.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
My big problem is reports are coming in that it will be a $900+ device. That thing will have to do amazing things for me to drop that kind of cash on it.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree 4GB of ram SHOULD be plenty - any decent OS should run just fine on that. However, when you have a ton of widgets and multitasking apps running in the background I could see how that will be a problem, eventually.

I use a ton of widgets (which also means a lot of services running in the background). The main issue I would say is some apps not being optimized to really take advantage of the extra ram (primarily my launcher, and few widgets).

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Sam Mobile reports that the Gnote 7 could come with an Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 processor.
Qualcomm says that the Snapdragon 821 delivers a 10 percent improvement in performance over its predecessor as well as greater power efficiency and application performance. The Qualcomm Kryo quad-core CPU reaches speeds of up to 2.4GHz but it has the same X12 LTE modem as the Snapdragon 820. The company hasn’t said which devices will be powered by this processor but does mention that we can expect commercial devices powered by the 821 in the second half of this year. The Galaxy Note 7 fits in that timeline perfectly. Samsung mass produced the Snapdragon 820 for Qualcomm on its 14nm LPP process but it’s unclear at this point in time if it’s going to be mass producing the Snapdragon 821 as well.

Source

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
If this is true then Samsung is making my switch to the Droid Force a much easier decision. As cool as the Edge Features are i want the Shattershield. MotoMods also adding to my decision.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's really not. 2 or 3 years ago, maybe. But Android is FINALLY doing not just a good job but an EXCEPTIONAL job on most phones of managing memory. This was not always the case.
Right now my 3GB phone shows a piddly 510 mb free. And it doesn't lag one iota. and it will not, no matter what I throw at it.
Eh...maybe that's just a Moto thang. ;)

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I highly doubt moto is managing ram better than Google with their locked kernel.

5x usage. Only 2GB on this little guy though.
d8fd92e78a8cb03be6d06e0b6a0548a3.jpg

I've loaded all my 20 apps that I use and have never seen lag. Ever.
Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I could use another GB though so PokemonGo won't reload as often. Lolol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's really not. 2 or 3 years ago, maybe. But Android is FINALLY doing not just a good job but an EXCEPTIONAL job on most phones of managing memory. This was not always the case.
Right now my 3GB phone shows a piddly 510 mb free. And it doesn't lag one iota. and it will not, no matter what I throw at it.
Eh...maybe that's just a Moto thang. ;)
I wish, 4gb is enough now, but in two years? I'd rather buy a phone with 6gb now and be good for 3 years.

5d9cf68bc52d7969348e55c390cea067.jpg

Moto x pure here

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk