Sourcery 2.2 - Full Version

xcrider

Reaction score
OK, i added my gmail account.. And i just went to wake up the phone and all i get is the buttons lit up and a black screen. Annnndddddd its locked up.

xcrider

Reaction score
Maybe I cracked the code. I uninstalled cpuboost and installed set CPU.... seems to be running okay. Don't know why that would make a difference but I dunno.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Claps1775

Reaction score
What is better to use.@SetCPU or the overclocking in performance built into the rom.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I would use the performance first to see how it takes.
This way you will have one less app that needs to start at boot and runs continuously, pulling at least some of your available RAM.
It is possible that if you are referring to the cpu boost application, then that's an additional app like setcpu would be. If that's the case, just test them both out and compare power usage and RAM usage between the two and choose the one that pulls the least amount of resources.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Maybe I cracked the code. I uninstalled cpuboost and installed set CPU.... seems to be running okay. Don't know why that would make a difference but I dunno.

I am just taking a stab, but I wonder if the coding for cpu boost has been updated to deal with the newer kernels released after Sourcery was finalized, and if not would that cause major issues due to incompatibility?
The answer is way above my pay grade, so I would see what Eagle thinks of this premise. I am merely a Sourcerer's apprentice, think Mickey Mouse in the film Fantasia!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Claps1775

Reaction score
Lol above my pay grade. I have not heard that since I was in. Well, I have been using the cpu overclock in the rom. I have it on 125 to 800 and set at conservative mode. Battery was full when I went to bed. Used 30% with in say 8 hours. Played with it very little and now its at 40%. I did use set cpu mostly for the profiles. I will try it and see.

Claps1775

Reaction score
What do you think about Advance Task Killer Froyo or any atk? Would it be worth it to get also a anti viris?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
What do you think about Advance Task Killer Froyo or any atk? Would it be worth it to get also a anti viris?

task killers NO. mostly if the tasks are running they will just restart actaully taking more power.

antivirus. this will definatley use resourses and slow down your phone(weather its noticable dont know- but will use more resources and proessor usage)

cpu boost was put in because of a great guy conap assisted in making the app and make it work for sourcery. this is actually the guy that gflam is now working with on apps. so since i introduced them i get half right :)

There were newer versions of cpu boost even at the time we were working on sourcery but they did not work with sourcery.
this program was put in because sourcery was my idea of an all in 1 everything you need at boot up and or available through the rom.
set cpu is a more advanced program than what cpu boost in the sourcery rom is and i think its a great program. so if cpu boost causes problems remove it . its easily removed through settings under additional apps towards bottom almost everything added is easily removed. maybe this is where sprint got their idea about removing bloat ware :)

it is very possible that cpu boost doesnt agree with your kernel so if thats all you needed to do to make it work cool.

jsut wanted to state since gflam doesnt make much appearence here. sourcery would not of been possible without the combination of gflam and myself. and of course Chizzles continued hyping :) oh and bongs shining our shoes after a hard night of coding.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright. Hope this rom is great. Im going to flash it tmmrw and give my feedbacn

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Alright we look forward to hearing from you

O and hey everyone long time no talk :)

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

Heiko

Reaction score
This is the best rom I have ever tried on my OG. I have never stayed with one rom for so long.
I did a clean install, then uninstalled a couple of system apps which I didn't need (made it even smaller) and have tried a couple different kernels and I tell you what, it is so reliable. It seams to get better with time. My free space of ram seams to increase more and more even though I am not uninstalling anything. It is like a well broken in engine, it gets more powerful over time.
Thanks for this great rom