OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Enjoy, i honestly don't know how i use to use the phone before i had that feature, its the most convenient thing on Sourcery. As a side note, it doe's have an annoying bug that sometimes after a reboot the widget would disappear, the easiest way to fix it is to go in to the settings and change the indicator color, it would bring it right back, you can change the color back if you would like afterwords.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
That is similar to the stock power widget that is included with the phone, can that be placed in the notification drop down?

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Enjoy, i honestly don't know how i use to use the phone before i had that feature, its the most convenient thing on Sourcery. As a side note, it doe's have an annoying bug that sometimes after a reboot the widget would disappear, the easiest way to fix it is to go in to the settings and change the indicator color, it would bring it right back, you can change the color back if you would like afterwords.

Bugs what bugs :) i have heard that one but never seen it here.
but you were right about what he wanted i was wrong again :(

but cant believe you said there was a bug in sourcery, now im depressed.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Bugs what bugs :) i have heard that one but never seen it here.
but you were right about what he wanted i was wrong again :(

but cant believe you said there was a bug in sourcery, now im depressed.

I heard Zoloft is good for depression :D Let me clarify, the bug is NOT in Sourcery, it is in the Widget itself and it exists on every rom that uses the widget from the same source. In those days i felt i needed to explore and tried other roms that were using that widget (DC for example) i noticed that bug as well so it is not a sourcery bug but a Widget Bug.
Sourcery to my knowledge is a Bug Free Rom that makes my OG dancedroid

darkmatter

Reaction score
That is similar to the stock power widget that is included with the phone, can that be placed in the notification drop down?

No, I don't think so. It pretty much is the stock power widget, but customizable colors and transparency...the way it should be to begin with, imo.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
One thing thats kind of bugging me is everything is translucent. The app drawer, my gmail and many more.

I removed backgrounds because of the alarm clock issue.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
One thing thats kind of bugging me is everything is translucent. The app drawer, my gmail and many more.

Any suggestions?

There is an app called xtrem alarm clock free. It looks exactly like the stock alarm app but with many more features, using it would allow you to keep the background and avoid that issue.

Sent from my Sourcerized D1

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

Any suggestions?

the blue theme is what sourcery was released with it was intentionally the first almost entirely transperant rom. ghostly, magical :) the more stock theme was released with 2.0 with the ability to go to the blue designed theme due to some requests.
the app drawer is easy to change in settings. and the backgrounds are actaully the first rom to do that (gflams find) and im not so sure not the only rom , i have never seen it on any others but i havent tried alot and very few GB roms.
these are things that made sourcery, sourcery and not just another rom.
many of the apps gflam made transparent were utilized in several other areas of this forum , at the time transparent was the in thing :)
Just remember everything that is bad about sourcery is chizzles fault. everything good is gflam and me. thats a very important point to remember :)

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
the blue theme is what sourcery was released with it was intentionally the first almost entirely transperant rom. ghostly, magical :) the more stock theme was released with 2.0 with the ability to go to the blue designed theme due to some requests.
the app drawer is easy to change in settings. and the backgrounds are actaully the first rom to do that (gflams find) and im not so sure not the only rom , i have never seen it on any others but i havent tried alot and very few GB roms.
these are things that made sourcery, sourcery and not just another rom.
many of the apps gflam made transparent were utilized in several other areas of this forum , at the time transparent was the in thing :)
Just remember everything that is bad about sourcery is chizzles fault. everything good is gflam and me. thats a very important point to remember :)

Considering there is nothing bad about Sourcery i agree :D

I want to see some magical ICS Rom.. i was at the Verizon store the other day and one of the guys there called it Ice Cream Cone.. he didn't understand why i was laughing so hard.. Verizon employees are so clueless.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Considering there is nothing bad about Sourcery i agree :D

I want to see some magical ICS Rom.. i was at the Verizon store the other day and one of the guys there called it Ice Cream Cone.. he didn't understand why i was laughing so hard.. Verizon employees are so clueless.

i prefer ice cream cones. maybe thts a good name . we took icecream sandwhich and made it better enjuoy icecream cone.
hmmm

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Would ice cream cone be the name of the ics version of Sourcery..?

ICS sorcery would be dope!

Loving this ROM again. I'm at 40% battery after 14 hours today.

OP
Chizzele

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Maybe im late to the party on this but do droids have issues with answering calls through ear buds or head phones?

I got these cool bose ear buds as a birthday day gift yesterday and haven't had any luck having the person at the other side of the call hear me, its as if the phone can't detact the built in mic...

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a rom issue or a boot manager issue but something really weird happened yesterday. I loaded up the sourcery rom I had on boot manager and updated a few apps in the market, Droid forums was one of them. Well, after the apps downloaded and started to install, I ended up getting a hot reboot. I went back into the market and all my updates were installed correctly except for Droid forums. I tried to redo the update, it downloaded ok but got an error message on install. I decided to clear market data and cache and try again, same thing. I deleted all reminants of my app downloads in my cache folder, same thing again. I then decided to load my phone rom, pull the apk from /data/app and make a TiBu of the app. I booted back into sourcery and tried to install the Droid forums app that I pulled out of my phone rom, error message: Application not installed. So then I pushed the app into /data/app manually, set permissions, and rebooted. I was finally able to get into the app, but after logging in and trying to view a thread, I got a force close. I immediately went back into the app only to find my data had been wiped. So, as a last ditch effort, I used TiBu to restore my app data and it worked, I was able to use Droid forums without any problems. I forgot to mention earlier that I had deleted Droid forums data prior to reinstalling the app. This was a very weird and frustrating experience. Can anyone shed some light on what may have happened? By the way, just in case it was a market issue, I downloaded and installed another app no problem. Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.