{Source Edit Build} GimpSource 3.1 | FRG83D | Source Build ROM |

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha it almost freaked me out too.

Chevy kernels, raidzero kernels, corcor kernels, all work well.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Mortality

Reaction score
Here is one I cant find an answer to.... The included performance tools will only let me overclock to 700 MHZ. I can use set CPU to get full speed... Kernel doesnt matter. Other than that, its stooopid fast and smooth. Battery life is really good as well. Awesome ROM.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Here is one I cant find an answer to.... The included performance tools will only let me overclock to 700 MHZ. I can use set CPU to get full speed... Kernel doesnt matter. Other than that, its stooopid fast and smooth. Battery life is really good as well. Awesome ROM.

superuser allowing?

Mortality

Reaction score
There is nothing in Superuser in the LOG or no asking permission with the performance settings that come with the ROM. There is with SetCPU though and there it is allowed. Things work fine with SetCPU installed but soon as it is uninstalled it drops back to either 600 or 700 MHZ depending on the Kernel.

Is there some way I can make a LOG file for you to look at? And how... ROFL. I dont know how to do some of this stuff........ I wish I knew JAva

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ok seriously forget this rom. Lately its been acting weird and I didn't code it I only edited the source. I have moved away from using this source and making my own. I have a great teacher/helper/mentor and everythings looking good. Fingures crossed for a testing rom out Saturday. To my testers, if you are available. Swallisa I know your on the road. Guidot is around those are my main two. Plus now I have two d1's with that iphail 4 in the house now..... soon as my aosp edits are done I may pull the links in this tread. For now try the gimpsquad frg83g aosp build with one of my kernels posted in the update on progress thread at the end.

Sapphire is and has been a great rom. But its out of date and not my work. I edited cvpcs's but never called it mine.. I don't use CM source, cept for my MMS app but I have edited it also threw source and recoded it. There will be a wallpaper app, thx to Droid Concepts, and soon a settings editor, also thanks to Droid Concepts.

I will prolly release my AOSP ROM prethemed like a retro black bar but with some new looks and icons. . . . .

For now I will greatfully support the GimpSquad FRG83G ROM and my kernels.

Just sayin ........

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

swallisa

Reaction score
Flying home as you read this, we'll catch up on gtalk when you get off work this evening.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Clinton70

Reaction score
Not going to read 30 pages but does this have:
Color LED notifications
DSP manager

I have UltimateDroid and it's slaughtering my phone. Heard this is leaner. Just looking for those two items before a switch.

Taco

Reaction score
Not going to read 30 pages but does this have:
Color LED notifications
DSP manager

I have UltimateDroid and it's slaughtering my phone. Heard this is leaner. Just looking for those two items before a switch.

It does have the cm mms app so you can change led for txts.
Dsp manager is a no, but isn't that available on xda?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums