Some issues I'm having with my Bionic

KenjiWB

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues where they completely lose data? I'm not currently in a 4G location, so I only get a pretty consistent 3G signal. Well, the other day (maybe 2 days after I got the phone) I lost my 3G signal, but I figure I would give it awhile to see if the problem fixed itself (there was a thunderstorm, thought it would be related somehow). The following day, it was still either no service or 1X something, I could still get texts but I could not use anything that required data. I turned airplane mode off/on several times, no luck. I stopped by the local Verizon store to give them a look, they turned it completely off and back on, and 3G service was back.

Fast forward to a few seconds ago (a few days following my previous outage) and the same thing happened. Pandora just stopped working since it was looking for service, I toggled the airplane mode a few times, again no luck. Turn it off and back on, 3G service restored. Should I expect to have to do this for the rest of the time I have this phone? Seems a bit ridiculous...I havent had the phone for 2 weeks and I'm already hard-resetting it to bypass malfunctions?

Another issue I have is, like many other people, the sound through Netflix is horrible and scratchy. Pandora seems to be fine, I haven't got around to testing other sound-based apps, but I'm hoping it's just Netflix, and hoping even more that its a software issue that can be resolved instead of a hardware issue that I'll be stuck with for the next 2 years.

Lastly, battery life. I see that people are getting decent rates, but for me, I cannot leave the phone unplugged throughout a single day with what I consider very light use (mostly texting and light surfing on occasion). I was getting about 5-7 hours on a charge with the standard battery, with Cell and Standby using most of my charge. This is not really a major issue since Costco hooked me up with an insane accessory swag bag that ensures I'll have SOMEWHERE to plug it in everywhere I go, I was just hoping that I would be able to possibly go a day with out seeking juice...

LadyRev

Reaction score
Had the same problem. We don't currently have 4g in our market either, but I had a good 3g signal for nearly two weeks. Dropped data signal when my husband and I were out of town. Tried airplane mode and powering off and on three times. No data. Stopped at a local Verizon store and one girl there said she had seen the problem before and the SIM card would need to be replaced to fix it although she didn't know why. So they swapped the SIM card but had trouble activating it. Manager at the store worked with it for quite a while and got it working but his explanation didn't make any sense. He said that since it was set for CDMA /LTE instead of CDMA only, the phone got "confused" while trying to find an LTE signal. But the setting was how the Verizon guy at the store I purchased it at set it up to begin with. He said the CDMA/LTE would work with 3g and if we entered a 4g market, it would automatically switch back and forth, which makes sense since the name of the setting implies it will work in either.

I lost the data connection again this morning at home after I had looked for a system update. Got an error on the system update saying it wasn't available at that time-to try again later. When I returned to the home screen, no data. This time, powering off the phone worked to get data back. Don't know if the system update error was related or coincidental.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
haveing the same issue with the no connectivity issue i i have 5 days left for a exchange i dunno if i should get a new phone or keep this one thats is the only issue with this phone other wise its flawless

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I had to exchange my first Bionic because I lost 4g signal and couldnt get it back. Been OK now data wise.

OP
K

KenjiWB

Reaction score
Once AGAIN had to restart my Bionic to restore data, seriously do I need to take this phone back or is this considered 'acceptable' ???

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Make sure your battery mode is set to performance. There are some bugs associated with not having it set that way. Hope it helps!

gerry1314

Reaction score
I could not keep a data signal long enough to download from Market. The store swapped out the SIM card three times and reformatted the internal memory twice over four days. At that point they exchanged my Bionic for a new one. Wow! What a difference with one that works. Talk to your people and don't waste time with a defective phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SgtMike

Reaction score
Just started having this issue today, was on a plane so I had it in sleep mode. When I got off I turned it back on, no data. Tried airplane mode on/off, shut phone completely off, even pulled the battery. Still won't pick up any data service, sound defective? I will see what it is doing tomorrow, but definitely frustrating from a brand new phone.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
This happened with my original Droid and I had to replace it to get rid of the problem. A temporary fix is to put it in airplane mode, then take it off airplane mode, but it's definitely defective.

SgtMike

Reaction score
Weird how it's worked fine for 2 weeks, then all of the sudden today it has this issue.

OP
K

KenjiWB

Reaction score
It hasnt worked for 2 weeks straight, read my first post, its been off and on every few days..

OP
K

KenjiWB

Reaction score
On a related note, will I be able to replace the phone at a Verizon store if I purchased my phone through Costco? Only reason I ask is because Costco is a 1.5 hr drive away and Im not willing to make a 3 hour trip to 'try again'..

SgtMike

Reaction score
It hasnt worked for 2 weeks straight, read my first post, its been off and on every few days..

Yea I was saying it's weird how yours has been intermittent, and mine worked for 2 weeks straight, and now I am having the same issue. I guess I'll see if it is doing it tomorrow, if it is I will have to look into exchanging it.

OP
K

KenjiWB

Reaction score
Ah sorry misunderstood...yea I ran a search and apparently it's a pretty common issue...I'm gonna stop by Verizon this weekend and see whats up.