Does wifi really interfere with 4G???

Ansa82

Reaction score
So I'm on my 2nd bionic due to connectivity issues. Im starting to have same issues with 2nd now 8 days in. Last time Verizon told me to turn OFF wifi, and turn OFF Bluetooth in order to improve 4G?? Really?? Is this true or did I just get a Verizon customer service person who was grasping at straws??!! Cause my old HTC incredible was perfectly ABLE to
have wifi on, Bluetooth on and have no issues with connectivity! I've spent the past few days with my Bluetooth and wifi turned off and still end up with poor 4G. Have issues downloading music, ringtones etc while at home. Irritating

nubia

Reaction score
Use the search feature on bionic forum you will find many threads on this very subject.... It's a problem with the phone in general. The people at Verizon just wanted you off the phone. There will be a over the air update soon (we hope) to fix this. Again. Search the threads

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jhom

Reaction score
According to my conversation with VZ Tech support, the 4G radio is turned off when WiFi is on. Your 4G problems may be due to the general problems that VZ has been experiencing lately. For me, I have WiFi on 90% of the time and I don't experience any significant problems. I am extremely happy with my Bionic. :):):):):)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've installed the leaked OTA updates and they do have a new radio and kernel. These seem to have fixed any 3G-4G issues I've had. I used to have very, very slow hand-off from wifi to 3G and even slower, and occasionally nonexistent, hand-off from 4G to 3G. Now, it's very smooth when going from one mode to the other. Other things that seem to have been fixed are: 1) earbud hiss, 2) bluetooth music stutter, 3) battery life "seems" better (not by a huge amount, but better), 4) Camera - quick and sure focus. And I do not think any of the current leaded OTA updates are the final one, so there is hope for even more improvement before the final is pushed out to everyone. BTW, this is not a move for the faith-of-heart as a few people have truly bricked their phones trying to install these. Some of us were a little luckier.

Good luck.