Wifi on....4g/3g off

tayhan

Reaction score
For some reason everytime I'm connected to a wifi network my 4g or 3g
Turns white...normally I wouldn't mind this but I am paying 30 a month for 4g so I would like that to be on with my wifi as a helper. Anyone have this problem too or is there a way I can change this?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
For some reason everytime I'm connected to a wifi network my 4g or 3g
Turns white...normally I wouldn't mind this but I am paying 30 a month for 4g so I would like that to be on with my wifi as a helper. Anyone have this problem too or is there a way I can change this?

That's how it works. 4g lte or wifi it can't be both.

mykl376

Reaction score
I don't know if that's really a problem. Mine does the same, and when I turn off wifi the 3G/4G turns blue again. It's letting you know what connection you're using, but I didn't think you could use 'both' at the same time. It's saying your 3G is up and running, but not being used for data, or vise versa. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

RETUSAFNCO

Reaction score
I don't know if that's really a problem. Mine does the same, and when I turn off wifi the 3G/4G turns blue again. It's letting you know what connection you're using, but I didn't think you could use 'both' at the same time. It's saying your 3G is up and running, but not being used for data, or vise versa. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

I believe you are correct.

Reaction score
Yes, it is true that when WiFi is on, network data is turned off. It can be confusing sometimes when the WiFi indicator is on in the notification bar at the same time the 3G or 4G indicator is on. When this happens to me the 3G/4G and signal bars are white (inactive).

OP
T

tayhan

Reaction score
Makes sense...thanks everyone

wilboy

Reaction score
Yes, it is true that when WiFi is on, network data is turned off. It can be confusing sometimes when the WiFi indicator is on in the notification bar at the same time the 3G or 4G indicator is on. When this happens to me the 3G/4G and signal bars are white (inactive).
+1..and one more thing is(when wifi and 4g/3g are both on) 4g/3g will automically turned on if someone send you a MMS(not SMS),you can't access this w/ just wifi....just to let you know!