Anyone that HAD data dropping issues that were actally FIXED by updates?

txrover

Reaction score
902 seems to have made a big difference. Everything seems to work as it should now for data.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xandrews08

Reaction score
What is 902 the only problems I have r dropping 4g randomly sometimes after standby and the headphone jack problem where after you take them out you can't hear any thing

sk102704

Reaction score
KenjiWB said:
Hey all, I'm one of the early adopters that suffers to this day from data dropping that has become notorious with the Bionic (since day 1...). I love the phone, but I'm sick of the false hope every time an update promises to fix the issue, and then doesn't. Fortunately, I'm on Wifi so much that I almost don't notice, but if I'm on an extended car trip somewhere with the kids and I cant punch up Netflix, I get irate.

So I'm wondering, are there any people that have actually seen their Bionics fixed by these updates? I stopped by the Verizon store the other day to make my complaint formal, and got the typical "There's an update coming in the next couple of weeks that is going to fix it." So that's basically where I am now, I will give it two more weeks when the next update comes out, otherwise will demand a replacement, because it is ridiculous to expect me to turn the phone off and on every time data drops and wait 2 minutes for it to start up and HOPEFULLY have a function that I paid for...

Followup question...could it be that my Bionic itself is jacked up or will I see the same issues with any replacement I get?

I was having a horrible time keeping a data connection before and the .905 update has pretty much fixed it. Haven't had a data drop since updating. Battery life is significantly better. Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be.

whomhead

Reaction score
I'm going on like 4 straight days with no data drops on 905 OTA / Eclipse 3.0.

Battery life seems quite a bit better than 902 too.

I'm happy with the update.

Stevet86

Reaction score
I'm going on like 4 straight days with no data drops on 905 OTA / Eclipse 3.0.

Battery life seems quite a bit better than 902 too.

I'm happy with the update.

I have to agree. I've had better results on this update...except when my kids get a hold of it to play games and kill the battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

bigred8380

Reaction score
I have to agree. I've had better results on this update...except when my kids get a hold of it to play games and kill the battery.

I agree with the above post...word for word!!! Angry Birds and my 7yr old are terrible for battery life! :p

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
My data drop issues are actually worse with 905. I am at the point of telling verizon to screw themselves and go elsewhere. And I would recommend everyone else do the same.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
904 was pretty good to me, but then got worse when I went to 905, and stayed bad even when I went back to 904.

Anyways, these past weeks have been HORRIBLE with LTE data drops. I was out and about today, and LTE was REALLY BAD. I'm wondering if I should call vzw and report it.

Last edited:

rocketsaucev2

Reaction score
Mine has also gotten worse with 905. Like way worse. I have been trying EVERY fix out there to no avail.

Went into Verizon today and the guy turns my phone off and on and of course then it connects. I say this is temporary so I will be back later. Wasn't 2 hours and 4g drops again so I went back and they gave me a new sim card. This time wasn't even and hour. No @#$%& 4 g. Its like I'm banging my head against the wall.

They told me if I still have problems the next step is a new bionic but I would have to unroot and loose my custom roms an everything

diablo81588

Reaction score
904 was pretty good to me, but then got worse when I went to 905, and stayed bad even when I went back to 904.

Anyways, these past weeks have been HORRIBLE with LTE data drops. I was out and about today, and LTE was REALLY BAD. I'm wondering if I should call vzw and report it.

That just means it's your area. I'd call Verizon and report your having issues.

Derekweb

Reaction score
When streaming Sirius or Pandora, the hand offs, especially 4G to 3G and back, would stop my music stream or even make me restart the application. I had no LTE problems when I was not traveling, except for the times VZ had a regional hiccup.

905 seems to have improved this hand off while moving. I have not tested the wif hand off yet, as leaving the house and using naviagtion would hang and I would need to reboot to use the GPS.

deduct

Reaction score
905 fixed 95% of my data drops. And ics leak 232 fixed 100% of my data drops.