Bionic data drops

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Starting about 3 days ago, I have been having major data drop issues. I drop data at least 5-10 times a day. I turn airplane mode on then back off and it is fine. Has anyone else been having issues with this??? I am rooted running stock 902.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not in San Diego. In fact, I'm getting 4G in places I hadn't before.

OP
NorthGuard

NorthGuard

Reaction score
I'm in Cincinnati and have great 4G signal everywhere in town.

Batman8

Reaction score
I've also been experiencing data drops recently within the last week in the Chicagoland area. I can only imagine that it's because VZW is working on/upgrading their network again...I hope they get their crap together and SOON, because it's becoming a real pain in the ass! I usually use "restart connections" and it seems to fix it.

I've had to use RC so often that I have now put a shortcut to it on my home screen. COME ON VERIZON, GET IT FIXED!!

TonyBoD

Reaction score
I've also started to have really bad data drops recently - not exactly when they began but it seems that every time I look down at my phone it's not showing any data connection (it either has no bars and/or is white rather than blue). It seems to constantly jump from 3G to 4G to nothing to 1X and I think it is killing my battery. I tried to switch it to use only 3G and that really didn't help.

When 902 came out it seemed to work very well for me, but recently not so much - I'm hoping for another update that will hopefully resolve this.

I'm in the Boston area - W of Boston. I'm not rooted - stock all the way.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Give .904 a go. Since going to it NO DATA drops, and LTE to EVDO has been fast, and flawless.

I'm one of those Bionic owners who even after 893, 901, and 902 was still getting drops. Since 904 earlier this week it has been freaking amazing.

5.9.904 Update for Droid Bionic Leaked! - BIONIC - droidHIVE Forums You'll loose root, but just motofail it, and you'll get it back.

TonyBoD

Reaction score

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Does going to 904 require that I root?

If you follow the link I gave no. You're just putting the update file on the SD card, and updating from recovery.

jssmith76

Reaction score
If only there was a way to download the file using the phone. As opposed to downloading on a computer and then transferring to the phone. :-(

This post is BIONIC!

TonyBoD

Reaction score
If you follow the link I gave no. You're just putting the update file on the SD card, and updating from recovery.

Thanks - I was just looking through that thread in your link. I suppose my only issue is whether this will take you off the OTA upgrade path - as much as I'd love to get better data I don't want to futz with updates down the road...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Thanks - I was just looking through that thread in your link. I suppose my only issue is whether this will take you off the OTA upgrade path - as much as I'd love to get better data I don't want to futz with updates down the road...

Yeah, it's up in the air. I believe this is a planned release, but they could release like 905 or something.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If only there was a way to download the file using the phone. As opposed to downloading on a computer and then transferring to the phone. :-(

This post is BIONIC!

If you entered the address into your browser you should be able to save the file, but you'll have to move it to the right spot (using a file managing program like Astro).

tedankel

Reaction score
Yes, my Bionic has been impersonating my old BB Storm via needing battery pull-out to Cold Boot and cure increased data drops. This has now been steadily increasing over last few days. ICS can't get here soon enough but I hope we're not being punished by scarce antenna distribution.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

geekabilly

Reaction score
Give .904 a go. Since going to it NO DATA drops, and LTE to EVDO has been fast, and flawless.

I'm one of those Bionic owners who even after 893, 901, and 902 was still getting drops. Since 904 earlier this week it has been freaking amazing.

Our Bionics must be brothers, because your experience & mine are the same .

OP
NorthGuard

NorthGuard

Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to try 904, lol.