Anyone that HAD data dropping issues that were actally FIXED by updates?

KenjiWB

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm one of the early adopters that suffers to this day from data dropping that has become notorious with the Bionic (since day 1...). I love the phone, but I'm sick of the false hope every time an update promises to fix the issue, and then doesn't. Fortunately, I'm on Wifi so much that I almost don't notice, but if I'm on an extended car trip somewhere with the kids and I cant punch up Netflix, I get irate.

So I'm wondering, are there any people that have actually seen their Bionics fixed by these updates? I stopped by the Verizon store the other day to make my complaint formal, and got the typical "There's an update coming in the next couple of weeks that is going to fix it." So that's basically where I am now, I will give it two more weeks when the next update comes out, otherwise will demand a replacement, because it is ridiculous to expect me to turn the phone off and on every time data drops and wait 2 minutes for it to start up and HOPEFULLY have a function that I paid for...

Followup question...could it be that my Bionic itself is jacked up or will I see the same issues with any replacement I get?

diablo81588

Reaction score
Not everyone is having issues with data dropping. I think it's more about your area, so i would imagine even the replacement would have the same problems.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

vdubnut

Reaction score
I can't say that it's been fixed... But it definitely has gotten much better with the updated versions. I haven't had a drop since 902, but I haven't traveled much since then either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
K

KenjiWB

Reaction score
For background information, I purchased my phone while I was in Arizona, and used it there for about a month before heading back to Hawaii, same issues. Not a whole lot of places to 'travel' to on an island, but I can't imagine that data dropping is due to my location. When I have it, I have a pretty strong 4G connection.

vdubnut

Reaction score
Are you on 902? Also, the times mine had trouble weren't in low signal area's... It seemed like it was when it was handing off from one tower to the next, if that makes sense.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
If you're going to demand a replacement DO NOT GO into a verizon store. Call Verizon (*611 from your phone), and talk with a CSR. They have a lot more authorization and wiggle room to work with customers unlike the store employees.

The only reason to go into a verizon store is to buy something. If you want to complain, or want something "out of the ordinary" call verizon. You'll get A LOT further, and better results.

jspencer67

Reaction score
I travel a lot throughout my area (Field Tech Job) and I can say that the data drop issue I was having seemed to go away since .902

very strong connection to 4G and seamless transitions back and forth between the two radios

felixtibs

Reaction score
I haven't lost a connection in over a month thank God

Tonik

Reaction score
I stopped by the Verizon store the other day to make my complaint formal, and got the typical "There's an update coming in the next couple of weeks that is going to fix it."

Yes, both updates and especially 902 have fixed the data issues very well for me. And from what I read my impression is that it fixed it for most people. Are you on 902 and still having problems? If you are then call VZ, don't go to their stores. They will drive you crazy. Call VZ, let them know you are still having problems. They will send you a new phone, if that doesn't fix it for you after trying a couple of new phones they will give you the option of getting a different model...if you push them a little.

Now, if you are not on 902 then speak up and we will help get you on it.

Scribble

Reaction score
902 does seem a lot better actually. I had one data drop a few days ago, but that's the only one since the update... (I also had it in my pocket in an area of my house I know gets very poor signal to begin with, so maybe it just went into sleep mode, and didn't come back out?)

Suuperflie

Reaction score
I've had my phone since launch day and had a big problem with data drops until the.893 update. Since then, and especially on .902, I haven't had a drop at all that wasn't network related.

mandragora

Reaction score
Mine has always been pretty good but my friend had lot's of data drops with long recoveries. He is still getting some drops but the recovery is much faster.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
My boyfriend had been getting data drops on his a lot. The 901 update fixed it for him, and to my knowledge he hasn't updated to 902 because he's scared it'll screw things up again.

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
No drops since I used the 901 update. 902 is performing the same. Before 901 I had constant drops.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
886 and 5.5.893 and 5.7.893 were absolutely awful for me in terms of data drops, bsods, random reboots, and battery pulls.
As soon as I installed 901, all my problems went away. 902 is the same: perfect. Havent lost 4g in about two months unless I'm way outside the city.