4G connection issues MAY BE FINALLY SOLVED....

brunla

Reaction score
I have tried all the available fixes including Airplane mode on and off, SIM card reset, and Verizon refreshing VLR but all were temporary.
I called Verizon this morning and they stated to turn off Wi-fi completely. When you are not connected to wi-fi and it is searching for a wi-fi signal it interrupts the 4G service for some reason.

I turned off Wi-fi several hours ago and have had no drops as of yet.

Other people should try it and report back here!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It makes sense. I don't have the data problem and WiFi is never on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

lm2

Reaction score
I leave Wifi off and I still have drops with 905. Wasn't an issue on 902. Annoying.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wi-Fi isn't the cause of the drops. The drops are caused by the device not being able to correctly register with the network when the network reaches out to the phone...

Its complicated lol

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

devils3023

Reaction score
I leave wifi off anyways cause it eats battery like crazy

If your not connected to a network and it is constantly searching for a signal, then yes. Otherwise the wifi radio actually uses less battery than the cell antenna when connected.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
devils3023 said:
If your not connected to a network and it is constantly searching for a signal, then yes. Otherwise the wifi radio actually uses less battery than the cell antenna when connected.

+1.
I was having the 4g data drops right before and after the update! So its just gotta be VZW signal issues across the board. Many people with many different phones are having the same problems across the country, so.........?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

92ehatch

Reaction score
well yeah. But i was referring to when wifi wasnt needed. If i have wifi i dont use data

i can read

Reaction score
Wifi is not the problem I never have it on when data drops and with mine it is 3G and 4G. I think my Bionic is dieing slowly (humid work environment)

Metalunna

Reaction score
I started getting Network drops on my Bionic right around the .905 update. Since the update it was dropping a few times a day. It never did on .902 (if it did, I didnt notice it).
I was starting to think it was my phone, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to get a replacement. The new one arrived on Thursday and it's been the same...Data drops a few times a day..I'm going through one now.

bbtkd

Reaction score
I usually have my Wifi off and still have the "no data" issue in strong signal areas. It usually takes a reboot to clear it up. The other day I did a reboot because of it but was busy and didn't bother checking it afterwards. A while later noted that 3G watchdog thought I had a new SIM so reset its counters. Later yet, I noted that two texts didn't go and I had no data. Rebooted and all was well. Seems to data connectivity is worse since 905. I have to suspect that some of the connectivity issues are tower code too, perhaps that's why some have no problem and others do; location, location, location.

grgguy

Reaction score
I'm getting them on the new ICS leak . I never had them till now!

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
Forget this theory. Started getting data drops. It lasted a whole 4 hours, just like all the other work-arounds.
This is ridiculous. It cannot be the phone, because it started doing it a few weeks BEFORE the 905 update.
This is a Verizon issue that is somehow related to the Bionic. They need to figure this out STAT. Everybody call Verizon and complain and explain what is happening. Only way to get their attention is MASS complaints. The 'wireless off' fix does not work.
Next up is sim card replacement according to them.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Forget this theory. Started getting data drops. It lasted a whole 4 hours, just like all the other work-arounds.
This is ridiculous. It cannot be the phone, because it started doing it a few weeks BEFORE the 905 update.
This is a Verizon issue that is somehow related to the Bionic. They need to figure this out STAT. Everybody call Verizon and complain and explain what is happening. Only way to get their attention is MASS complaints. The 'wireless off' fix does not work.
Next up is sim card replacement according to them.

Verizon and to a certain extent Motorola have a black eye on this, and not just with the Bionic. I have to suspect that if they convened a team of their best techs (phone, tower, etc) and went into the field, connected with a few users complaining of the issue and studied the hell out of it, they should be able to resolve something. Hell, it has to be happening with their own phones. Given how it varies so much, there is probably not a single cause. Verizon and Moto would be totally obtuse if they don't monitor these forums....so run with this if you're not already!