SO new Start...

Draken

Reaction score
Well my DX is rooted, DeOdexed, has ROM and metamorphs on it. i was wondering how to start new from OTA 2.2 or whatever the latest version of OTA is?! SO its like it came out of the box. Easiest way? and if so can you give instructions please?

DJSketch

Reaction score
Factory reset think u can do that via rom manager an dlin a stock rom

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Will that make me eligible for like OTA updates ?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OddBob

Reaction score
Easiest way would be to restore a backup of the clean OTA, if you made one. Aside from that you will need to sbf. Factory reset will only take you back to a clean version of the rom you are on in my experience.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Okay so if I have the sbf what exactly do I do? And that will make it like it was brand new ? Also will it get OTA updates?

OddBob

Reaction score
If you are on 2.1 then the 2.2 sbf will bring you up to the newest ota. As far as getting upgrades on it, they should work but I can't be positive since I don't believe any have come out. If you have ar rom installed and working fine not sure why you would even want ota updates since they are based off the newest software out typically

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Idk why I just wanna make it like new again with 2.2 Ota .

OddBob

Reaction score
Then by all means feel free. Grab the sbf (be sure it is the 2.2) and rsd lite. Put phone in bootloader mode (vol down, camera, power buttons) plug into computer and run rsd. Then before you change anything else again make a backup of the clean 2.2 so you can just restore in the future and save yourself about 20 minutes

OP
D

Draken

Reaction score
Thanks dude !