New Start Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draken

Reaction score
Hey guys i was just wondering what the easiest way to start brand new. As in get everything off like ROM/root/De odexed everything. Just like it came out of the box. Stock 2.2.1. I been having some problems and i just want everything deleted and have a new start. Thanks.

qman66

Reaction score
if u asking me root, apex 1.4.1 rom and overclock as much as u can on ultra low voltage will give u top speed and amazing battery life.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
if u asking me root, apex 1.4.1 rom and overclock as much as u can on ultra low voltage will give u top speed and amazing battery life.
Wow dude, really? :icon_eek:

The OP asked what was the easiest way to get his phone back to a new, out of the box state, including wiping ROM, root access and De-Odexing...and your advice is to throw on Apex and overclock the phone...:icon_eek: Did you actually even bother to read the question asked? Or, maybe, did you have a bout of premature postulation?

To the OP, about the easiest way I can recommend to you, seeing as you seem to be knowledgeable with this type stuff, is to use maderschramms update zip file linked down below in my signature. Download it and follow all the instructions listed in that thread...should get you where you want to be...:)

qman66

Reaction score
Wow dude, really? :icon_eek:

The OP asked what was the easiest way to get his phone back to a new, out of the box state, including wiping ROM, root access and De-Odexing...and your advice is to throw on Apex and overclock the phone...:icon_eek: Did you actually even bother to read the question asked? Or, maybe, did you have a bout of premature postulation?

To the OP, about the easiest way I can recommend to you, seeing as you seem to be knowledgeable with this type stuff, is to use maderschramms update zip file linked down below in my signature. Download it and follow all the instructions listed in that thread...should get you where you want to be...:)
yea dude really if u read what i wrote i said if it was me what i would do. im givin him my advice on how to get the phone running on best performance

BodyBagz

Reaction score
yea dude really if u read what i wrote i said if it was me what i would do. im givin him my advice on how to get the phone running on best performance
Yeah, see, thats the thing...he wasnt asking anyone how to get his phone "running on best performance", whatever you might think that is, now was he?

Again, he asked how to get his phone back to a "stock" out of the box state....something you supplied absolutely no discernible help with. :icon_eek:

I am sure if you carried your car to mechanic and asked him to change the oil, you wouldnt be quite this cavalier when he came back and told you he crushed it because he thought it was a piece of junk and wasnt worth an oil change. Afterall, you just wanted the oil changed...that was what you asked for... Same thing applies with your response to the OP`s original question.

Really, is this too hard to understand? As the old saying goes, "If you arent a part of the solution, then you are part of the problem".

BodyBagz

Reaction score
so this maderstock takes you completely back to stock? As in out of box?
Yes. In a nutshell it removes all modifications and sets the device back to stock, un-rooted.

Make sure you read the thread and understand each step, and then follow the steps precisely. If you have any trouble, shoot maderschram a PM and I am sure he will help if he can...good luck!

qman66

Reaction score
Yeah, see, thats the thing...he wasnt asking anyone how to get his phone "running on best performance", whatever you might think that is, now was he?

Again, he asked how to get his phone back to a "stock" out of the box state....something you supplied absolutely no discernible help with. :icon_eek:

I am sure if you carried your car to mechanic and asked him to change the oil, you wouldnt be quite this cavalier when he came back and told you he crushed it because he thought it was a piece of junk and wasnt worth an oil change. Afterall, you just wanted the oil changed...that was what you asked for... Same thing applies with your response to the OP`s original question.

Really, is this too hard to understand? As the old saying goes, "If you arent a part of the solution, then you are part of the problem".
yes if u see what i wrote i wasnt trying to answer his question i was trying to tell him what i would do. and y are u bringing a car into this?

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score

yes if u see what i wrote i wasnt trying to answer his question i was trying to tell him what i would do. and y are u bringing a car into this?

Um, I think that's the point. Just like your mechanic crushing your car cuz it's what he wants to do, you gave no good advise on how to reset a phone back to stock because you don't want to run a stock phone.

Just like the car analogy, if he wants an oil change (reset his phone to stock) give him an oil change (tell him how to get back to out of box stock) and leave all other opinion based advise out. That really was pretty simple to understand.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Now your other option is to run the 2.3.340 sbf through rsd lite. If your not entirely familiar with rsd the maderschramm zip file is probably your best bet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Thanks CD95YJ and jmorton10...glad to see I wasnt the only one that wasnt understanding what and why qman66 was trying to accomplish...:icon_eek:

I hate to come across as a "fill in the blank", but it irks me when someone does this type of thing when someone else is asking for help... :)

qman66

Reaction score
Thanks CD95YJ and jmorton10...glad to see I wasnt the only one that wasnt understanding what and why qman66 was trying to accomplish...:icon_eek:

I hate to come across as a "fill in the blank", but it irks me when someone does this type of thing when someone else is asking for help... :)
it irks me when someone like u cant just mind ur business. im just saying what i recommend him to do. i wasnt talking to u. just help the guy and move on instead of having a stupid comment and trying to start something.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Since the OP got his answer and everyones gone off topic here I'm closing this. Qman66 in the future it is best to answer someone question and not just state what you would do. It defeats the purpose and adds confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.