Can I install FlyX without deodexing?

OP
J

jloya

Reaction score
installed a flyx to ota 2.2 on an X last night , used doroot to root and bootstrap to get into recovery. honestly could not pinpoint any significant advantage or disadvantage. It was nice to get a look other than stock, but as for experience, only thing i could say as it may have been a bit more smooth in / out of apps

first off, your name is badass :)

second off, can you post some screen shots of the different look FlyX gives you?

thnx o_O

I can definitely work on it, it was on a buddy's of mine. First thing, got get him to d/l shootme or an equivalent for an X...

thanks,

whenever if ever you get a chance is fine...im in no hurry or rush just would like to take a look to see if its worth changing things up or not

thuracious

Reaction score
I'm running 2.2 OTA (rooted) and I tried the flyX install from ROM manager without much success. It seemed to be working when it went into the bootloader and proceeded to install flyX - it only got that far. The flyX boot sequence showed up but once the sequence completed I was looking at the startup of a factory fresh DX (the little green android getting poked by the floating hand). Oh well, at least I didn't brick my phone and I just flashed back to my previous ROM.

Oh yea, I had bootstrap up and I did the recommended back-up/data wipe

mau5hunter

Reaction score
I'm running 2.2 OTA (rooted) and I tried the flyX install from ROM manager without much success. It seemed to be working when it went into the bootloader and proceeded to install flyX - it only got that far. The flyX boot sequence showed up but once the sequence completed I was looking at the startup of a factory fresh DX (the little green android getting poked by the floating hand). Oh well, at least I didn't brick my phone and I just flashed back to my previous ROM.

Oh yea, I had bootstrap up and I did the recommended back-up/data wipe

I would try to get back into recovery and flash a backup. Then I would make sure it was a successful flash by booting the device back up and taking a look around. If all your stuff is how it was, and the backup went successful, I would use a file manager to locate the zip of flyX and check that it is the right size. Assuming it is not a corrupt file, I would once again use bootstrap to get back into recovery, clear my data cache, and try the flash again manually ( yes without a backup, you already have one ) .

If all of this does not provide a successfully flashed rom, next I would try a different rom, starting from a fresh nandroid image. Depending on the result of flashing a different rom you will be able to tell if it is you/your phone, or the rom.