so i rooted the display phone at verizon..

pudah

Reaction score
That is hilarious. You should have set up the wifi tether too.

LOL, set it to broadcast WiFi and what would the over/under be on battery swaps at the store before they decided the phone had to be defective?

Should be hard wired power. It still would be funny to set it up as a wifi hotspot. You should go back with your Droid and say you bought it because the demo in the store did all kinds of cool stuff like 5 home screens, wifi tether, etc. When they say you are wrong, walk them over to that phone and show them. See what you can get out of that.

johall07

Reaction score
someone needs to do this then wait a day or two then go back and pretend you are the one buying a new phone and grill the verizon people about everything you know shouldnt be there

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll play Captain Buzzkill. Am I the only one that doesn't think this is funny? Some customer is going in the store trying to make a pretty big financial decision, and you're causing the product to be misrepresented to them.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I plan on hitting the stores in my area this weekend.

Handy tip: Don't take your Droid with you. Ill be wearing my V9, and that will throw them off. :)

thistle

Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll play Captain Buzzkill. Am I the only one that doesn't think this is funny? Some customer is going in the store trying to make a pretty big financial decision, and you're causing the product to be misrepresented to them.
I'd rather think of it as "showing potential owners the possibilities."

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Usted sabrá la diferencia cuando se ha tenido la comida mexicana de verdad! No hay nada como él! :D

ips

Reaction score
I'd rather think of it as "showing potential owners the possibilities."

Exactly, these forums are a google search away if they dont know why their phone doesnt ahve a certain feature...just google droid live wallpapers and youl lleanr how to root in no time.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My parents live in Casa Grande, and I visited them 3 years ago. I know exactly the areas you're talking about in Tucson. Nice place and got some really nice pictures with those cacti on the way from I-10 up Speedway. I used to live in CA so I know that Del Taco is much better than Taco Bell. Also, in California, Fry's was electronics and in AZ it's a grocery store. That threw me a bit. Oh, and Adren....have a Jumbo Jack for me too :)

th9203

Reaction score
This thread has been going for a few days now and I chuckle every time I read the heading. :icon_ banana:

You have to wonder what the store folks did when or is that if they figured out that something was different...

monnietron

Reaction score
Coming from a tech ata vzw store... I don't think its that funn y because I know the pain of clearing droids 3 times a day at my store and uninstalling 3000 apps a day... however, its not my store, so I don't care =p I would probably laugh, but people in my area are probably too dumb to do it!

therock

Reaction score
Sheesh! This is the kind of thing that will back fire and ruin it for everyone.

As soon as the executive offices get wind there will be reactions that will chain react right back at us.
Face it, if you were Verizon you would react. Anytime you effect sales you are going to get attention. The big wigs hear about this and start worrying about how the would be clients react and we loose more control over what we can do in the future vs. what we can do now.

I see them:

• Making it impossible to root future phones.

• Perhaps issuing an OTA update that if allowed will render any non-rooted phones incapable of being rooted.
  • Having to sign a waiver to look at demo phones.
  • Demo phones features disabled so a jerk like yourselves cannot do this.
  • Creating a way to tell if your phone is rooted and lay in wait for you to get warranty work or replacement.
  • Report you to your phone insurance carrier if you have it.
You are merely a vandal in my way of thinking. If I owned Verizon or was the manager of the store I would want to make you pay.

I hope you own your own business one day.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
LOL.

Someone always takes the moral high ground and blows everything out of proportion.

Yeah, this hurt Verizon. Lulz.

This probably took them about 20 minutes to sbf back.

Annoying sure, but the only thing that will come out of it is the reps will be watching closer.

Last edited:

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
Sheesh! This is the kind of thing that will back fire and ruin it for everyone.

As soon as the executive offices get wind there will be reactions that will chain react right back at us.
Face it, if you were Verizon you would react. Anytime you effect sales you are going to get attention. The big wigs hear about this and start worrying about how the would be clients react and we loose more control over what we can do in the future vs. what we can do now.

I see them:

• Making it impossible to root future phones.

• Perhaps issuing an OTA update that if allowed will render any non-rooted phones incapable of being rooted.
  • Having to sign a waiver to look at demo phones.
  • Demo phones features disabled so a jerk like yourselves cannot do this.
  • Creating a way to tell if your phone is rooted and lay in wait for you to get warranty work or replacement.
  • Report you to your phone insurance carrier if you have it.
You are merely a vandal in my way of thinking. If I owned Verizon or was the manager of the store I would want to make you pay.

I hope you own your own business one day.

I've met people in real life who think like this.

I turn and run.