Who will be returning/selling the droid for the Nexus One?

RoMMz

Reaction score
I have 1 day to return my droid before my30 days is up. It's been confirmed that Verizon WILL be getting the Nexus One in March 2010, so I will be returning the Droid and waiting patiently.

Anyone else doing the same?

I'll see you guys on the Darkside.:icon_ devil:

Guchi

Reaction score
um probably not... i like my droid. from what is being said it is not a vastly superior peice of hardware, i will wait for a real droid killer

Gunghoray

Reaction score
NOT A CHANCE I'll trade down to the Nexus. No substantial advantage to Hardware or Software and the Moto Droid is exceeding all expectations on both fronts with updates and the ever-maturing market.

All you have to do is be a former BB Storm early adopter to understand how thoroughly delighted one can be with a first generation platform like the Droid.

BTW, I absolutely LOVE the concept of a "Droid Killer". We've been hearing "Iphone Killer" for so long that it's a refreshing turn of the phrase.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
How many threads are we gonna have with the same question?????????

Guurzak

Reaction score
There's going to be a newer, awesomer phone released 4-6 months after the Nexus. And then an even newer, awesome phone another 4-6 after that. You can go broke and crazy trying to surf the leading edge.

I'm happy with my Droid; it does what I need it to and what I bought it for. Besides, since they'll have all the same software and apps, the only important difference is the weight and the keyboard. If what you really, really want is a Droid that looks like an iPhone, go ahead and wait for the Nexus. Otherwise, you could have a great phone today and not have to wait for an almost identical great phone down the road.

shademar

Reaction score
March is the most optimistic possible definition of "spring" :) I've thought about it and realized that I wouldn't make the exchange right now if I had the chance to do so. But if I wanted to, I'd have to factor "not having an awesome phone for 2-4 months" and "will not be eligible for the even more awesome inevitable upgrade for another 2y + 2-4 months" to the equation.

Besides, by the time N1 comes out on VZW, it'll be old news so if that's the dragon you're chasing, good luck. :icon_ devil:

Last edited:

x25064

Reaction score
And give up my physical qwerty however terrible it may be?

Hell no.

The only way I'll trade this in is if HTC releases another android phone with the processor of the Droid and the physical keyboard of the TP2, then I am sold.

wil318466

Reaction score
Before you guys jump ship... think about this :

How will you play punchout on SNESOID without the keyboard?

Did you think about this?

-Wil

Last edited:

terriermike

Reaction score
The problem with that is that now you'll be without an Android phone for at least two months (if it really comes in March). No thanks.

And I'm with most people here...I'm usually very bad about wanting the latest and greatest, but that's often because I'm not satisfied with what I have; the last 5 or so smartphones I've had over the years never really quite lived up to the hype. The Droid has pretty much exceeded my expectations on almost all levels and I'm 100% satisfied...and that is a very refreshing feeling.

wil318466

Reaction score
OK, I'm a really dense old guy. What's SNESOID?

Lol, its an application that allows you to play Super Nintendo games on your Droid. You use the physical keyboard as a "controller" to play the games.

It was kind of a joke, I thought it'd be funny :)

-Wil

mjs31

Reaction score
Not interested in the least bit. My wife panics when she heres of the newest phone coming to market because I tend to pay full retail if needed to get it. Not this time though...Droid has been to good and the Nexus just does not impress me enough.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
The problem with that is that now you'll be without an Android phone for at least two months (if it really comes in March). No thanks.

And I'm with most people here...I'm usually very bad about wanting the latest and greatest, but that's often because I'm not satisfied with what I have; the last 5 or so smartphones I've had over the years never really quite lived up to the hype. The Droid has pretty much exceeded my expectations on almost all levels and I'm 100% satisfied...and that is a very refreshing feeling.
It really is. I always had a problem with my old Blackberry Curve, especially how it handled Internet and streaming video/music. The Droid fixes all that and more, and if there's NOT a fix for it, I check the Market and there's usually a solution there.

You couldn't GET that service with a Blackberry.