Smart Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by cyril, Jan 18, 2010.

1. DigiK

DigiK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cyril,
    Tried out the update for a bit; everything is coming along great. Letter bubbles all display correctly now on Moto Droid, and the symbol key definitely feels more natural & easier to invoke. Opaque background definitely less distracting. Just get auto-correction going and this thing will be ready for show time.

**Bubble display still seems a bit too short though. Any way to make it slightly more persistent (set time interval) even though another key is pressed?

@TapaH:
    I think a good compromise might be making the languages directly accessible from an on-screen pop-up menu invoked by long-pressing the symbol key. Pop-up menu would list languages and a link to keyboard options screen; on-the-fly language change should still be pretty efficient this way. Another 'two-click' alternative would be adding the language key back in on the symbol keyboard by shortening the space bar there. Layout would be [123][EN][,][SPACE] Main keyboard is definitely too cramped with the language key always displayed, though.

#37 DigiK, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. DigiK

DigiK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah, one bug I just found: In cases where the type input box changes size based on how much much you've entered (Google Talk for instance), text box isn't always shifted upward on-screen and is occluded by keyboard.

3. soup285

soup285 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    total newjack problem, but I cannot for the life of me seem to activate this keyboard? what am i doing wrong? the input method only shows one option and that is the android keyboard

running 2.0.1 with handcent and home ++

help?

4. ZeRo_C0oL

ZeRo_C0oL Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Following the production of this app... Will give my opinion ASAP :D

5. DigiK

DigiK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @soup285: You shouldn't have any problems after installation. Just go to settings>Language & keyboard and it should be listed. If no worky, try reinstall maybe...

Just had another thought on the on-screen language/option popup menu. It can be a nice compact bubble with grid display of Language and options shortcuts that would supermimpose over the keyboard slightly above & right of the [123] key on long-press. This will allow very quick changing since you wont be moving your finger very far at all.

Layout of bubble could be similar to below:
    [EN][FR]| O |
    [SP][RU]| x |
    'O' or some little gear icon for options and an x icon to close out of the menu in case of accidental press.

#41 DigiK, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  6. soup285

soup285 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ugh. i was looking in the wrong place. thanks a million.

7. aamzalag

aamzalag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, i have noticed that this app doesnt truly feel like multitouch, if you try and type two letters fast, say haha, but over and over, it misses key strokes very often. it sometimes feels better, but it doesnt feel smoother than the stock keyboard on the droid :( it is good for the early stages of its progress tho
    another thing i think can be improved should be that after you type symbols or numbers, if you hit space bar it should revery back to the alphabetical keys automatically. also a double tap space bar for period would be nice.
    So far so good. good luck and thanks

8. agdaniels

agdaniels Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome work on the development of the keyboard, its actually my default now. A few things still exist, one was mentioned earlier. With my droid, letters that are close together are dropping keytouches, for example, pressing j then f only shows f. This happens on both landscape and portrait. This would be above and beyond, but would the voice recognition be difficult to add as well similar to the default 2.1 keyboard?

Thanks for your great work

9. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great release. Fixed pretty much everything I had an issue with.

I still can't thank you enough for releasing an MT keyboard. I feel like I've been waiting for ages.

10. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Member

Ratings:
    +0

I tried out both of your issues: typing "hahahahaha" a whole lot, and it never missed a beat, and I was going extremely fast.

I also tried out the F/J key thing, hitting one, then hitting the other. Always registered both. Now, sometimes it wouldn't print the first til I let off the second, but it still printed them correcting and in the right order.

11. cyril

cyril Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I was sure someone would miss the language key ;) My favorite solution would be a swipe to change language, but I don't know when I will get this working...
    Anyway I will find a solution, as I miss this key too !

--
    Cyril

12. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an idea (perhaps). You could put two keyboards into the APK. In the keyboard settings, you could choose either "Smart Keyboard (Multi)" or "Smart Keyboard (English Only)" -- that way those who use English don't have to worry about the key, and those who want multiple languages can easily use the other instead (while still retaining the key that lets them change back to English if need be).

Just a thought if you can't please everyone with the current board.

Search tags for this page
download htc invert skin smart keyboard

how for smart keyboard for free

htc invert skin keyboard
htc invert skin smart keyboard
htc invert smart keyboard skin
htc unvert skin for smart keyboard
pretty droid smart keyboard
s3 4.3 smart keyboard pro update
smart keyboard

smart keyboard theme