Is it just me or the stock keyboard...

Dadeo

Reaction score
The best keyboard out there? I've had Swype, Slide-it, Swiftkey, Smart keyboard pro, and inevitably I return to using the good old touch input every time. Swiftkey is supposed to predict better but it doesn't, really. And I just can't get used to the sliding keyboards. None compare with the the standard keyboard. Anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I like the stock keyboard but I have been using the HTC keyboard from 928 Droid theme. I also started using Ultra Keyboard. You cab have a full keyboard in portrait or landscape mode with a number row. Been rocking that for 2 dad ad I'm really enjoying it.

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
The best keyboard out there? I've had Swype, Slide-it, Swiftkey, Smart keyboard pro, and inevitably I return to using the good old touch input every time. Swiftkey is supposed to predict better but it doesn't, really. And I just can't get used to the sliding keyboards. None compare with the the standard keyboard. Anyone else noticed this?

I use the Swype technique on the stock keyboard and it works great, you mean there is a "Swype keyboard" that is different?

audioman42

Reaction score
I've tried all of them, & the stock keyboard is def the most responsive.

OP
D

Dadeo

Reaction score
One of the best features about the stock keyboard is it displays the suggestions in space right beside the word that will be input. As opposed to Swiftkey for instance which displays only three predictions well below where the word will actually be input. It may not seem like a big deal, but your eyes don't have to travel near as far to select the desired word, making it much more efficient.. I also think the stock keyboard does a better job predicting and correcting text.

harrellj

Reaction score

I use the Swype technique on the stock keyboard and it works great, you mean there is a "Swype keyboard" that is different?

There is a keyboard called Swype, yes. Swype | Text Input for Screens is the homepage. Some models of phones have had it installed stock, other people have gotten into the beta program on the website.

As for the original question? I love the HTC_IME keyboard, but I'm thoroughly in love with the Gingerbread stock keyboard.

OP
D

Dadeo

Reaction score
I should have specified, when I say "stock" keyboard, I'm referring to the one that comes standard on my incredible. Is this the "gingerbread" keyboard?

OP
D

Dadeo

Reaction score
Oh... So that's what I'll have after froyo? I like the one I have now. When is gingerbread replacing froyo? Sorry to get off track.

harrellj

Reaction score
Well, currently the only phone using Gingerbread is the Nexus S. It has been pushed to the repository, so AOSP-based ROMs can use it for their next versions (or whenever they've finished getting all the kinks worked out). As for when it'll be available as an upgrade for each specific model? That is up to the carrier/manufacturer (especially for those phones with custom skins like Sense/TouchWiz/Blur).