Smart Keyboard

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
I gotta say i love the keyboard. maybe change the icons themselves, transparent like the 2.1 keyboard? A mic button perhaps? haha :) But the multitouch works great on my rooted Droid, just mainly I miss the mic button and how the keyboard looks.

I <3 the way the default looks.
Hi
for the mic button, I know everyone is asking but I have no way to test it (I think it works only in the US) so it will be difficult for now..
For the transparent icons... it's easy but I'm not sure it will please everyone; I already tried to make a transparent background and got complains about it..

Agrajag

Reaction score
For what it's worth the mic doesn't work on my Droid with Better Keyboard so I suspect it's not straight-forward either. In some apps it pops up. In others it acts like nothing happened.

RichP

Reaction score
Great app with frequent updates...keep up the good work!

Not sure if this has been requested before but a great addition to this app would be an option similar to the Autotext on the Blackberries.

Basically you can setup shortcuts for words and phrases. On my Blackberry I would type "u" (without the quotes) hit the space bar then the autotext would change it to "you"

If i typed "cm" and hit space it would change it to "call me 212.555.5555"

You get the idea... a user shortcut dictionary.

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
Great app with frequent updates...keep up the good work!

Not sure if this has been requested before but a great addition to this app would be an option similar to the Autotext on the Blackberries.

Basically you can setup shortcuts for words and phrases. On my Blackberry I would type "u" (without the quotes) hit the space bar then the autotext would change it to "you"

If i typed "cm" and hit space it would change it to "call me 212.555.5555"

You get the idea... a user shortcut dictionary.
Hi
it's a good idea, and not that difficult to implement! I like it, so I think it will be the next task in my TODO list
And please use that forum http://android.cdeguet.net/forum instead ;)

Shaneathan

Reaction score
I've got this installed but I don't quite understand what the benefit is over the stock keyboard. I don't quite see how the multi touch is implicated. Can anyone explain that? Thanks!

RichP

Reaction score
Smart Keyboard Pro now has user-customizable Autotext!!!

I'm sure this will help with a lot of us who came over from Blackberry.

I had used this previously on my Blackberry for shortcuts to phrases and words I used often..really speeds up typing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with the current keyboard. When you say user custom Auto Text are you saying that it allows words like "app" to be recognized and put into the dictionary? That's one thing I would really like.

I may take the paid version for a 24 hour spin.

OP
C

cyril

Reaction score
When you say user custom Auto Text are you saying that it allows words like "app" to be recognized and put into the dictionary? That's one thing I would really like..

It's more like that actually... What you are speaking is adding words to the user dictionary, which is available since the beginning, and with all keyboards.
Custom AutoText is the ability to replace one word by something else (for instance replace "hru" by "how are you?"

gt_nfr

Reaction score
I tried the free version and thought it was quite responsive. I searched around and even tried Swype, which everyone raves about. I didn't like the whole sliding my finger around a keyboard thing....guess I'm one of the few. I ended up buying the pro-version since the free version was so responsive. The swipe up/down gesture is awesome for things such as numbers and symbols. Love it so far b/c I always had trouble with the stock keypad not picking up all my inputs (I'm assuming due to lack of multi-touch).

5 Stars all the way. Thanks Cyril for making the on-screen keyboard much more usable.

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
whenever i try to update this app it says update failed. insufficient storage available. and then i can update like 5 different apps and are the same size pretty much. i dont kno if this is a problem with the app or what but it sucks cuz i love this keyboard

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
I give full props to the dev..I gave a DX with swype and all but this is the best keyboard i have tried yet, and believe me I have tried them all....I dont know why but it it just so much more accurate and I can actually speed type on it