Smart Keyboard

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by cyril, Jan 18, 2010.

1. DigiK

DigiK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Cyril,
    Thanks for your great work; I've been following along, since this is the first official M-touch keyboard that I'm aware of.

Regarding empty bubble popups, please also emulate for Moto Droid screen resolution, since I've been experiencing the same bug. Slightly increasing the time that the pop-up is displayed would also be a good move--seems a little too short right now.

The problem with the language key is that its existence and placement makes it more difficult to efficiently hit the symbol key. Changing language modes is usually something you don't need to do as quickly while typing, so I think your best bet here is to remove the language key and slightly increase the size of the space bar and symbol keys. Language and keyboard options can be accessed via long-press of the symbol [123?] key much like the other keyboards on the market. No need to re-invent the wheel on this one. :)

Finally, I always find that my typing gets slowed up the most by typing symbols. If you can get swipe gestures working, you might want to try adding commonly used symbols as secondaries to the main alphabet keys. They could be invoked by an upward swipe. This method would be a very efficient way of typing symbols without waiting for a long-press or changing to symbol mode.

Hope this helps!
    Best,
    Dave

2. Detcord

Detcord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay..... this keyboard is extremely fast. if you can give us slightly gapped keys(like better keyboard) Id pay at least $10 for it right now. you guys go into your messaging and type "hahahahahahahahaha" as fast as you can with any keyboard you have. guarantee this one is the most accurate. i just tossed out better keyboard and swype for this. BTW if you give this predictive text, please please give us the option to turn that off. i HATE predictive/auto correction.

#26 Detcord, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. cyril

cyril Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

if you wish to support the project with a PayPal donation, you can now do it on the web site: Smart Keyboard for Android (I know, the "design" is minimalist, it was done in 2 minutes ;) )

Thanks DigiK. I will first correct the font size for the recent phones (N1 and Motorola), and rework the lang key later.

what do you mean exactly ?

--
    Cyril

4. Detcord

Detcord Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well theyre sufficiently gapped actually(the keys), but id LOVE a skin like better keyboards "darkgray" for some reason the keys being rounded helps me avoid typos. something about them being rounded... i really cant explain it. but either way im definately hooked on this softboard

Edit God this keyboard is FAST... first softboard that can keep up with my fingers

#28 Detcord, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  5. DigiK

DigiK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed on the speed; hopefully Cyril can maintain that performance after implementing autocorrect.

One additional note for now: Visually I'm finding the opacity effect in the negative space between keys to be a little bit distracting, since it's causing high contrast while still showing the screen behind. An opaque background color slightly darker (to imply some depth) than the keys would look really sharp.

Keeping the look simple yet elegant and functional while really focusing on the usability and typing speed of this keyboard will catapult this thing to #1. You're really competing against the solid but conventional Android system keyboard, since the others (Better & Swipe-like) have obvious deficiencies and bugs which always cause me to revert back to stock.

6. vpshockwave

vpshockwave Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to see autocorrect, but just for simple things such as autocapitalizing the first letter of a sentence. I've gotten pretty good with this keyboard and am definitely liking it better than all the rest.

Especially the one that starts with an 's' that I won't name.

7. zazabichi

zazabichi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi fellas,

Unfortunately I can't find this file on the market.
    Any suggestions?

8. csodjd

csodjd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. Also for words like I'm, they'll, can't, won't, etc., and for words with the "ed", "ing" and plural "s" or "es" endings as ready options after you type the first few letters. Saves a bunch of typing. And I do love being able to type "tomo" and have the word "tomorrow" a touch away.

9. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. cyril

cyril Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New day, new release ;)

v0.3.0 is out, taking into account your comments:
    - The font size bug on Nexus 1, Motorola Droid, etc. should be fixed (at least it is in the emulator ;) )
    - No more language key (still looking for a replacement for this key, though!)
    - Opaque background

--
    Cyril

11. cyril

cyril Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool! Too bad this version didn't have the fix for the font size bug, but anyway thanks for advertizing it! And it's interesting seeing people typing that fast with my keyboard, because I can't ;-)

--
    Cyril

12. TapaH

TapaH New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for all fixes but (!) - how can we (russian speaking) now use it without two languages?? And you disabled keyboard type selection, am I right? But font size and popups are ok now. Add, please, at least lang selection button. May be as an option only for those, who use two langs (like russian/english).

Search tags for this page
download htc invert skin smart keyboard

how for smart keyboard for free

htc invert skin keyboard
htc invert skin smart keyboard
htc invert smart keyboard skin
htc unvert skin for smart keyboard
pretty droid smart keyboard
s3 4.3 smart keyboard pro update
smart keyboard

smart keyboard theme