Smart Actions Enhancement Requests

Discussion in 'Motorola Smart Actions Developer Team' started by rhizomaticon, Apr 5, 2012.

1. goaliemn

goaliemn New Member

Maybe checking the contents of the appointment. If there is an appointment on the calendar, and it contains "business" activate.
  2. warrenglen

warrenglen New Member

3G/LTE auto switch

Droid 4 user here...

Lately I have been keeping my phone in 3G only mode since the battery drains so fast on 4G.

However, when i'm using the car dock I would like to have 4G turn on (so streaming would be faster, etc.).

How about a smart action that automatically turns on the 4G radio when docked or plugged in??

Or are there any other options available?? I have a 4G switch app but they are a PITA and I can't find one that does it in one simple step.
  3. lifeisgood

lifeisgood New Member

I for one would like having a priority setting in Smart Actions. For example, if there were two active smart actions with conflicting actions, you could set which one takes precedence over the other.
  4. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

First I would like to have an app be a trigger. For example I usually keep my phones on minimal brightness but when I watch Netflix I always have to go in to setting Nd manually adjust the brightness. I would like to set Netflix as a trigger that turns the brightness up when I start to app. Not sure if that is possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  5. Chocula78

Chocula78 New Member

I strongly second a 3G/LTE smart action. I'd like to turn off 4G when my battery drops below 20% capacity.
  6. Smart_Actions

Smart_Actions Motorola Expert Premium Member

Thanks for all these great suggestions! I have passed along these ideas to the Smart Actions team.
  7. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 New Member

Add me to the list wanting a "not" or "default" action. I want to be able to define settings for when I am NOT currently in a situation that would cause a trigger to activate.

I came to Smart Actions after using Locale on my D1 for years. The way they let you prioritize actions was great. I'd like to add another vote for that ability as well.
  8. Smart_Actions

Ok I have captured "not", "default," and "prioritization." Got it!

Do you have a particular use case for the "Not" condition? Then I can go back to the team and explain to them.
  9. Sirrom

Sirrom New Member

I have a RAZR which recently upgraded to ICS [4.0.4 and Screen Action ver. 3.1.5.1.2] I used SA extensively under 2.3.6, but now with 4.0.4 there is no "Keep Screen On" option under settings. At work my RAZR sits in a dock so I can see the clock and quickly hit mute if I'm listening to music or an audio book. Even with Developer Options / Stay Awake, the screen goes dark after 10 minutes, though the setting only works while on a charger. Imagine trying to navigate your car and having the screen go black.

Long story short; I'd like Smart Actions to override ICS and force Keep Screen On for some of my Smart Action profiles. I want to be able to set "Screen Timeout" to "Never", for certain actions.
  10. pookie

pookie New Member

Ditto ditto ditto!!!!!
  11. Smart_Actions

Screen Timeout "never," got it! Smart Actions used to have that option and was later removed to preserve battery life. Not necessarily the teams choice choice, more of a consistency thing with the rest of the phone's settings. There have been many other requests to bring back this feature, I've made the recommendation to put this back in.
  12. jtc303

jtc303 New Member

Another vote for this one
  13. jtc303

jtc303 New Member

Not sure if this was already mentioned... but I HATE getting notifications during music/movie/youtube etc playback... an option to turn off Notifications during any sort of playback would be ideal! :)
  14. Sirrom

Sirrom New Member

Problem solved ... Screeble Lite launched by Smart Actions when I want the screen kept on.
  15. BaSHa

BaSHa New Member

Personally love this app!

Could a trigger for "face up" (screen pointing up) and "face down" (screen pointing down) be added?

Would be handy for setting off numerous actions; including volume max, mute, data disable, and so forth. I personally would like it so that if I know I am leaving my phone for quite some time I could place it face down and have it turn off data and background sync.

Just a suggestion have a great day!
  16. Ed270

Ed270 New Member

......+1
  17. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Member

That would be a really awesome addition!
  18. JodiBB

JodiBB New Member

Hi, i would like to ask, if it's possible create rule, for incoming calls. Now i must use another application which turn on my bluetooth when phone start ringing. Its ideal for car build-in handsfree, when phone turn on bluetooth and pair with car handsfree only in calls.

Then i had problem with timeframe trigger. I have created rule for battery saving when phone turn off mobile data at the night (0:00-6:00). Rule is ready, enabled but does not work. And i don't know why. When i try to create test rule with some small custom timeframe, it works. I try to clear data and cache in settings->applications and create the night rule again. First night it works, but after that it stop working. Timeframe is set to everyday.
    I have razr maxx with ics 4.0.4 and smartactions 3.1.5.2.0
  19. Smart_Actions

Hi JodiBB,
    We used to have a Incoming Call trigger but was removed due to conflict with VIP caller. I've been in discussions with the team to bring back.

Timeframes
    How do you set to 0:00? Is this a typo? Have you tried deleting the rule with the issue and re-creating it? I havent seen any other timeframe issues on ICS in the forums yet. I will record your comment and bring to our testing team.
  20. JodiBB

JodiBB New Member

Hi, that would be great if incoming call trigger can by added back.

Timeframe problem:
    My timeframe start at 0:00 (midnight) and end at 6:00. Yes, i tried remove it and recreate, then i tried clear all smartaction data (system->apps->...) and recreate it. And still doesn't triggred. But, last two days it works without problems. I don't understand why the timeframe wasn't triggred the days before.
Search tags for this page

active smart actions

android app to increase bluetooth volume
android smart actions ideas
customize smart actions driving rule
drive widget
droid smart actions level of priority
how to prioritize calls android
make smart action control notification widget in droid
music turns off when phone is face down
note 2 sleep mode like on smart actions
smart action prevent phone from ringing