Notification Volume Action with ICS Update for Smart Actions

peppgirl

Reaction score
I found on another thread that volume control for ringer / notifications are separated with the ICS update. However, in the smart actions, I do not see a separate action for the notification volume. This explains why ever since the ICS update my notifications are LOUD and made me think my smart actions don't work ...

Is there a "fix" for this? My phone calls are turned down but how do I lower my notifications now? Thanks.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
If you go to setting>sounds>Volumes - you can make adjustments to your notifications ringtone.

Welcome to the Forum!

OP
P

peppgirl

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick response. However, I know how to "manually" adjust the volume, but I am trying to make the smart actions work.

I have the smart actions set for while I am at work and while I am sleeping. Ever since the ICS update, I now have loud notifications while I am at work, and for example, my mail / FB alerts go off after I have gone to bed. Before, those were turned down automatically by the smart actions.

Will the smart actions be updated to add another action option for a separate notification volume, or am is there already a way to do this that I am missing?

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smart Actions currently does not support notification volume. This is by far the most requested feature. Our team is aware of the need to add this control.

qoncept

Reaction score
Smart Actions currently does not support notification volume. This is by far the most requested feature. Our team is aware of the need to add this control.
So what is the holdup? Maybe you can get your friends to link it with the ringer volume like any intelligent person would want it.

coachaddict

Reaction score
+1 for Notification smart actions. I would like the ability to set my notification tone at a different volume or the same volume as my ringtone at any give time. For example I like my ringtone to be low at night while my notifications are silent, but different profiles for day and work. Having a smart action to control each of our sounds would be fabulous. I noticed above that the team is aware of this and working on it. Is there any estimate of when we could get an update?

So what is the holdup? Maybe you can get your friends to link it with the ringer volume like any intelligent person would want it.

I actually disagree I like the option to have my ringer volume and notification volume unlinked. However, I would like the option we used to have of checking a box and linking or unlinking the two volumes as we saw fit. I do think having a smart action for each will solve the problem for most of us.

gibson99

Reaction score
Seach the play store/market for Llama. I discovered it through another thread here about this topic and llama suits my needs (and works) a LOT better than smart actions ever dreamed to. So i've stopped using smart actions now. In fact, now that i'm on ics, i've replaced or disabled almost every stock app because the gb versions were good, but ics sucks - dialer, sms/mms app, launcher, you name it. Can't wait for a custom rom for d4 ics... maybe even cm10 ;)

AndyAZ

Reaction score

I would also really like the "Sleep Rule" and "Work Rule" to kill default notification sounds, or maybe change the default to Silent. I am noticing it has been 4 months since this need was acknowledged as being highly desirable, will it be much longer?

epiphone74

Reaction score
I have smart actions set to silent at night "sleep" is what i call it one for week and another for "Sleep weekends"... Using time as trigger and silent.. no notifications come on that Im aware of go off over night.. Usually have 4 to 6 emails over night.

Instead of having ringer turned down put to straight silent. Use VIP caller id for emergency calls from a few choice contacts..

Hope this helps lemme know if you have any other ? there is a thread here for favorite smart actions setups.. started by yours truly..

Like if it works for you

relgames

Reaction score
Hi, I see this problem was reported half a year ago. Any progress on that?

omachrison

Reaction score
Try smartvolumecontrol

Best Volume APP; tried them all... This volume APP is the best in the market. I have tried them all. I was using one I paid for, but the app lost its functionality with JB install. The lite version only gives you the standard profiles, but you can adjust them completely for your desired setup. Love it.

Here's the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.directservices.SmartVolumeControlPlus