Smart Actions is disappointing.

OP
R

Rogus

Reaction score
We are actually investigating the location issue and why it's not being triggered. I have read similar issues on other threads.
One note, Wifi is captured in random intervals so identification of a location may not occur immediately in every case. This technique is used to preserve battery life. Have you tried waiting a few minutes if the location has been triggered? The radius of the location is very accurate so that shouldn't be the issue.
The only other thing may be if there are few wifi access points or in fringe coverage (on the edge of wifi signal).

Unfortunately, I can't wait to see if that SA location trigger will eventually work as I'm in a meeting and I cannot have the phone ringing with a call.

The bigger issue for me is that when I'm driving and approximately a mile away from the location, my phone would initiate the SA location trigger and silience the ringer. Eventually it would halt the SA, but there's no way it should be triggered in the first place when driving and a mile or more away from the location. I have removed and reinstalled the SA, cleared the cache etc and it still does it. It's just for information for you now as I stopped using location triggered SA since they don't work properly. Perhaps a new version will eventually solve the issues.

Caesars

Reaction score
The first time I tried using locations, it gave me a different location for my home each time I set one up. I got it sorted out however I was wondering if SA only uses wifi or will it work better if I keep my gps on?

Last edited:

sodium

Reaction score
I have another set up for sleep that turns off all data services for the night, yet at 3:45 am every night I get a notification that I have email.

Do you not know.........??
3:45 am....or in other words the witching hour!!

lol....sorry couldnt help it
had a similar problem
lasted about a week or so...
but it sorted itself out on its own without much doing on my part
strange

huh?.......come to think of it my dogs dont much like my phone either
hmmmmmmmmmm......

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF sodium! That is funny about your dogs not liking your phone. My friend's dog barks furiously at her everytime she starts texting. I think it's because she spends most of her day texting, lol!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

shsesc

Reaction score
Tasker > Smart Actions

In price and performance.

A case of you get what you pay for.