Smart Actions Enhancement Requests

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Screen Timeout "never," got it! Smart Actions used to have that option and was later removed to preserve battery life. Not necessarily the teams choice choice, more of a consistency thing with the rest of the phone's settings. There have been many other requests to bring back this feature, I've made the recommendation to put this back in.

jtc303

Reaction score
Screen Timeout "never," got it! Smart Actions used to have that option and was later removed to preserve battery life. Not necessarily the teams choice choice, more of a consistency thing with the rest of the phone's settings. There have been many other requests to bring back this feature, I've made the recommendation to put this back in.
Another vote for this one

jtc303

Reaction score
Not sure if this was already mentioned... but I HATE getting notifications during music/movie/youtube etc playback... an option to turn off Notifications during any sort of playback would be ideal! :)

Sirrom

Reaction score
Problem solved ... Screeble Lite launched by Smart Actions when I want the screen kept on.

BaSHa

Reaction score
Personally love this app!

Could a trigger for "face up" (screen pointing up) and "face down" (screen pointing down) be added?

Would be handy for setting off numerous actions; including volume max, mute, data disable, and so forth. I personally would like it so that if I know I am leaving my phone for quite some time I could place it face down and have it turn off data and background sync.

Just a suggestion have a great day!

Ed270

Reaction score
jtc303 said:
Not sure if this was already mentioned... but I HATE getting notifications during music/movie/youtube etc playback... an option to turn off Notifications during any sort of playback would be ideal! :)

......+1

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
First I would like to have an app be a trigger. For example I usually keep my phones on minimal brightness but when I watch Netflix I always have to go in to setting Nd manually adjust the brightness. I would like to set Netflix as a trigger that turns the brightness up when I start to app. Not sure if that is possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That would be a really awesome addition!

JodiBB

Reaction score
Hi, i would like to ask, if it's possible create rule, for incoming calls. Now i must use another application which turn on my bluetooth when phone start ringing. Its ideal for car build-in handsfree, when phone turn on bluetooth and pair with car handsfree only in calls.

Then i had problem with timeframe trigger. I have created rule for battery saving when phone turn off mobile data at the night (0:00-6:00). Rule is ready, enabled but does not work. And i don't know why. When i try to create test rule with some small custom timeframe, it works. I try to clear data and cache in settings->applications and create the night rule again. First night it works, but after that it stop working. Timeframe is set to everyday.
I have razr maxx with ics 4.0.4 and smartactions 3.1.5.2.0

Smart_Actions

Motorola Expert
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi JodiBB,
We used to have a Incoming Call trigger but was removed due to conflict with VIP caller. I've been in discussions with the team to bring back.

Timeframes
How do you set to 0:00? Is this a typo? Have you tried deleting the rule with the issue and re-creating it? I havent seen any other timeframe issues on ICS in the forums yet. I will record your comment and bring to our testing team.

JodiBB

Reaction score
Hi, that would be great if incoming call trigger can by added back.

Timeframe problem:
My timeframe start at 0:00 (midnight) and end at 6:00. Yes, i tried remove it and recreate, then i tried clear all smartaction data (system->apps->...) and recreate it. And still doesn't triggred. But, last two days it works without problems. I don't understand why the timeframe wasn't triggred the days before.

JodiBB

Reaction score
Few days it was OK. But last two days problem still occur. Timeframe trigger (0:00-6:00) was not triggered. :(

Danguard

Reaction score
I would like to see an enhancement to the Calendar Events to allow triggers from specific calendar entries based on subject text.

This would be especially handy for managing notification settings when I am on-call vs when I'm not as opposed to manually modifying during each on-call shift.

mattkranzler5

Reaction score
My suggestion is to have a new trigger for when a device is removed from a dock (Navigation dock for example) or disconnected from a specific bluetooth device. I have a smart action for when I put my device into the Navigation dock so that it turns on bluetooth and connects to my car, and turns off wifi, however I would like to be able to have a smart action turn bluetooth off after it leaves the dock/car.

ToTheMaxx

Reaction score
I would love the ability to have more control over the notification light. The ability to select which notifications activate the notification light as well as the option to turn off the notification light at certain times (especially when I go to sleep as another poster suggested).
I would also like the ability to have my location triggered by gps instead of cell phone tower localization with the hope that it would create a more exact measure of my position. As it is, every time I come within two blocks of my local trader joe's, i set off my "need anything from the store?" text message and launch my shopping list. An annoyance when I'm not planning on grocery shopping.
Other than that I want to commend you guys for an excellent job. I tried similar apps and found smart actions to be the most straight forward and useful.

jtc303

Reaction score
I would love the ability to have more control over the notification light. The ability to select which notifications activate the notification light as well as the option to turn off the notification light at certain times (especially when I go to sleep as another poster suggested).
I would also like the ability to have my location triggered by gps instead of cell phone tower localization with the hope that it would create a more exact measure of my position. As it is, every time I come within two blocks of my local trader joe's, i set off my "need anything from the store?" text message and launch my shopping list. An annoyance when I'm not planning on grocery shopping.
Other than that I want to commend you guys for an excellent job. I tried similar apps and found smart actions to be the most straight forward and useful.
check out the app Light Flow for notification light customization.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rageconsulting.android.lightflow&hl=en

Last edited: