Slight Problem.....

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I hate to say it but a small smudge would drive me nuts too. Sorry it didn't work out as well as hoped.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Could try WD-40, rubbing alcohol, or nail polish remover.

I use hand sanitizer on my device every week with a cotton ball. Cleans it up real nice and I haven't had any issues with it ruining my screen protector (SGP Ultra Olephobic)

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Goo Gone is harsh but maybe if you put a small amount on a cloth and just lightly wipe it. I know it takes anything off lots of different surfaces.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
+ 1 for the go gone. I have i've used it to clean all my phones of unremoveable scuffs, marks and gunk. Never had it cause any damage personally. Just keep it away from screen protectors as it will lift the edges if too much is applied, so you only need a dab!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I would just take a cotton ball lightly dipped in alcohol or nail polish remover. It really shouldn't hurt the screen protector or the phone

Really? Are you nuts, Isopropyl alcohol sure but nail polish remover is acetone and is very agressive to many plastics! Use with care, plus don't get any on your skin, it will store in your liver.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I would just take a cotton ball lightly dipped in alcohol or nail polish remover. It really shouldn't hurt the screen protector or the phone
<br><br>Really? &nbsp;Are you nuts? Isopropyl alcohol sure but nail polish remover is acetone and is very agressive to many plastics! &nbsp;Use with care, plus don't get any on your skin, it will store in your liver.

doublea500

Reaction score
heres what i would do.

Touch my Tounge to my Finger.

Wipe till my finger is not we anymore.

Loop the process:D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
<br><br>Really? *Are you nuts? Isopropyl alcohol sure but nail polish remover is acetone and is very agressive to many plastics! *Use with care, plus don't get any on your skin, it will store in your liver.

Which is why I said a little on a cotton ball...if anything use a q-tip so that all you do is wipe the marker

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
yes, heres a suggestion, its a product called Goof Off, yes its real, and yes it removes magic marker from surfaces, do not use acetone, acetate, brake clean or any industrial solvents, THEY MELT PLASTIC!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why not just replace the zagg protector? All this work has at least cost you time and as they say, time is money friend!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Why not just replace the zagg protector? All this work has at least cost you time and as they say, time is money friend!

To quote the late and great John Belushi after he broke into his locked car

"some people use coat hangers and some people use bricks. "

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
rydeordie164

rydeordie164

Reaction score

Why replace it when I literally had JUST received it from zagg.com (was before any retail stores carried it. Anyway, the smudge is more or less gone now! I used a TINY but of alcohol on it..which got the green off. Then I used a microfiber cloth/LCD screen cleaner to get leftover mark off. There is still a tiny mark on it...which you can see only if you're specefically looking for it + the LCD display is off...maybe I will replace it eventually..after all Zagg does offer lifetime warranty :D

Last edited: