DBA CASES - "Just Like Glass" - screen protector review

dmisc

Reaction score
I wrote this review over at s3forums and figured I should also put it here as well. So this is basically a copy and paste.

I was the one that was chosen to test this product when Scott (SSHGuru) from DBA CASES, asked for a volunteer.

I've had this protector for over a month and I must say that this is a quality protector. It’s a wet application. I hate installing stuff like this (fear of messing up), so I had my brother do it. He work's at BEST BUY and installs ZAGG's (wet and dry) all the time. It’s supplied with plenty of applicator fluid to get the job done. Even though I did not do the install, it looked easier to do than the Zagg HD I had him install previously. It took a few days to cure, but that should be expected with wet app protectors.

It protects the viewing portion of the glass. I feel this is very beneficial if you are using a case. I was using a ZAGG HD, and for those that used ZAGG with a certain cases, you are getting bubbles on the edges of the S3. The case that I use most, is the Matte Blue Diztronic. I also have the Otterbox Commuter, and a VZN case. If you have that problem using your favorite case, you won't have to worry about it with this protector.

I like the feel of the protector. I compared it side by side, to my brother's HTC One X w/Zagg HD, and my cousins S3 w/VZN protector. This protector doesn’t feel like a plastic and it definitely feels smoother than glass. I have a glass dining table, and just for the sake of testing, I compared "Just Like Glass" to my glass dining table. I don't know how, but JLG felt WAY better, and smoother.

It doesn't leave marks from my nail and there is no orange peel texture. The Zagg HD had both of those problems.

I noticed very little smudge marks (Son playing with MY toys w/dirty fingers) compared past protectors.

Overall, this is a well made protector. It protects as it should. It is very clear and smooth.

Here is his site to learn more about the protectors:
Just like Glass® Screen Protector (Galaxy SIII) - DBA Cases

Amazon.com: Just Like Glass Screen Protector - Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Protector (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, U.S. Cellular): Cell Phones & Accessories