DBA Cases Just Like Glass Screen Protectors

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am very interested in your screen protector for the Galaxy Nexus. I wanted to ask if you would ever release a screen protector that covers the entire screen. While I can appreciate the square cut version on your website, I know for a fact that the Galaxy Nexus glass is complete garbage so the unprotected areas of the glass will be easily damaged/scratched. Please send me a message or reply to this thread should the product ever become available. Thank you for your time!

We had a near full cut when we started. I didn't like the peel I got at the top so we re-cut it to cover everything but the very top. I've had it on for months like this and I think it's perfect. It's not a square - it's rounded - it starts right under the speaker and goes to the bottom.

I can certainly order you a full cut if you want but I recommend the cut I use - there is no peeling and it's protected the phone very well. When you swipe the menu down it's high enough where you don't feel anything.

dm8803

Reaction score
Thank you for your prompt response. I apologize for misinterpreting the picture on your website. Could you please post a picture of your Nexus so I can better understand your description? In any case, I know for a fact that I will order your product due to your flexibility of allowing specialized orders to your customers. I appreciate your time!

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Picture of Galaxy Nexus Screen Protector

Unfortunately my main camera is the Galaxy Nexus so I tried to use my webcam.

It wasn't easy to get a good picture and you have to see part of my face which is bad enough. :blink:

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 444

dm8803

Reaction score
Unfortunately my main camera is the Galaxy Nexus so I tried to use my webcam.

It wasn't easy to get a good picture and you have to see part of my face which is bad enough. :blink:

I apologize for my late reply. I've been stuck between the time so I didn't have a chance to check the forums. The screen protector looks great and the picture really shows how much better it looks than my skinomi. However I absolutely love the cut of the skinomi because it covers 99% of my screen - minus three separate cutouts only around the speakers, sensors, and camera. That's the only merit skinomi has over your product because my so called self repairing screen is covered in dents from just putting it in my pocket. Is there anyway you could copy the cut from the skinomi?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The original cut covered everything. The top peeled a little which irritated me so I changed it to the current cut. If you want the larger cut I can have it special ordered. This is a HARD protector so it cannot dent - it may scratch a little but they wont every show up with the screen on and you'll never feel them. This is also impact resistant so if you drop the phone on the glass portion the odds are good it will save you.

I've had the cut I showed you on for about 3 months and you can see it's in perfect condition.

If you want the full cut I can special order it but I cant say it won't peel a little at the top.

I apologize for my late reply. I've been stuck between the time so I didn't have a chance to check the forums. The screen protector looks great and the picture really shows how much better it looks than my skinomi. However I absolutely love the cut of the skinomi because it covers 99% of my screen - minus three separate cutouts only around the speakers, sensors, and camera. That's the only merit skinomi has over your product because my so called self repairing screen is covered in dents from just putting it in my pocket. Is there anyway you could copy the cut from the skinomi?

pcs524

Reaction score
I'll PASS ON DBA!

I got theDBA Cases Just Like Glass protector for my GN2 today and was displeased with the fit. The template is poor fit for the screen. It leaves the screen unprotected at the top and bottom sides. Also, the cutouts for the buttons, camera and speaker don't line up well. Mine also has a beveled cut on let right side and now doesn’t lay flat against the screen at all. I doubt this will last very long.:frown

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    358.1 KB · Views: 355
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 379
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 316

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
pcs,

I don't know of any wet application screen protectors that take up the whole face of the phone. I have used many different brands of wet screen protectors and none of them protected the whole face of the phone.

give it a couple days (3 or 4 days) and then it should be settled in. By this time, the screen protector will be like that for the rest of its time on your phone and your final thoughts should be made here.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I said on the same post on xda,

Please send some detailed pictures of all of your issues to [email protected]

It's possible yours is defective. If it is we will replace it free.

I'd like to see a picture of the misalignment and the part that doesn't lay flat. The pictures you posted look perfect - I don't see any lifting at all.

The size however is correct and done on purpose so it won't peel since you have a curved screen. Also it's a case friendly cut - most people want it this way.

Additionally the instructions say to press down the edges for 5-7 days.

Scott

I got theDBA Cases Just Like Glass protector for my GN2 today and was displeased with the fit. The template is poor fit for the screen. It leaves the screen unprotected at the top and bottom sides. Also, the cutouts for the buttons, camera and speaker don't line up well. Mine also has a beveled cut on let right side and now doesn’t lay flat against the screen at all. I doubt this will last very long.:frown

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just looked carefully at your pics, pcs. Is it possible that you could post some pics of the whole face of the phone. I see that the protector isn't lining up perfectly to the display area (not the bezel), but if you take a full face shot we'll be able to tell if you put it on correctly or if the protector itself falls short of covering it. Putting on screen protectors can be tricky, but a wet application protector is easier to put on as you can adjust it while it's still wet on the phone itself. You gotta get a good light so you don't mistake the bezel for the display area.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Desmond you have a sharp eye - yes I can see where it doesn't cover the top display portion now also. But without seeing the bottom part of the installation you can't tell if it's an installation error or a bad cut.

If it's a bad cut I'll send another to him.

Scott

I just looked carefully at your pics, pcs. Is it possible that you could post some pics of the whole face of the phone. I see that the protector isn't lining up perfectly to the display area (not the bezel), but if you take a full face shot we'll be able to tell if you put it on correctly or if the protector itself falls short of covering it. Putting on screen protectors can be tricky, but a wet application protector is easier to put on as you can adjust it while it's still wet on the phone itself. You gotta get a good light so you don't mistake the bezel for the display area.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Desmond you have a sharp eye - yes I can see where it doesn't cover the top display portion now also. But without seeing the bottom part of the installation you can't tell if it's an installation error or a bad cut.

If it's a bad cut I'll send another to him.

Scott
All the pics seem to be just that side of the phone as well. I've put on a ton of screen protectors, wet and dry application, and this error can be made quite easily. The difference is I know Just Like Glass is a wet application so adjusting it to properly fit shouldn't have been a real issue. Now if it's a dry application patience can run thin and getting it at the right spot can be quite time consuming. Post more pics so we can help ya out, pcs!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Something I learned using military shields.. and I use them on EVERYTHING!! Is that a wet application protector can be "persuaded" with your thumb while being applied, to achieve full coverage..

My n7's screen would have about 1/8 of an inch of unprotected screen, but with minimal effort, I've got total coverage...

Just a thought :)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Something I learned using military shields.. and I use them on EVERYTHING!! Is that a wet application protector can be "persuaded" with your thumb while being applied, to achieve full coverage..

My n7's screen would have about 1/8 of an inch of unprotected screen, but with minimal effort, I've got total coverage...

Just a thought :)
That must've took so much time:D

I can't imagine trying to stretch the whole protector across the whole face of my N7, just the thought of it seems daunting enough:D