Slight Problem.....

rydeordie164

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Long time reader, first post. Anyway, I have been thoroughly enjoying my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I started off with the standard Verizon Silicone case, upgraded to the extended battery, and then realized I need more protection for this beautiful piece of machinery :hail:. I did a lot of research on here and other sites...and wound up with the Otter Box Commuter series. It is is a GREAT case, fits snug with the extended battery- just what I was looking for. Not massive like the Defender. Of course I wasn't having the screen protector that came with the O.B. Commuter, so I ordered a Zagg Invisishield. The combination of the Zagg and O.B. create (I.M.O.) the perfect protection setup. I had the people at Best Buy (for $7) install my Zagg perfectly. They have a few extra tools...and let's just say I am one to butcher putting the standard Verizon screen protectors on, so I wanted it done perfectly. Well, today I got a very small dab of green Sharpie (permanent marker) on the Zagg shield. I have been debating if and how to remove it. It is not that big or noticeable, but of course it is the first thing my eye is drawn to. So it MUST go!!! :icon_ nono:. I do not think I should use an alcohol swab..I read some CRAZY suggestions on the internet which aren't even worth my keystrokes. Does anyone have an idea of what to do? Is it possible to get rid of? Will I have to get a whole new Zagg if I want it off? Thanks for the help....hopefully :icon_eek:.

OP
rydeordie164

rydeordie164

Reaction score
Really? Nobody has had this happen to them...Or has any suggestions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Can't say I have ever had this happen or read where it happened to someone else. And look at it this way whatever you try (whether it be one of those not worth your keystrokes or something else) is worth a shot since either way you are replacing it. But maybe something like nail polish remover or something to that effect. Just please don't get any on the phone!

OP
rydeordie164

rydeordie164

Reaction score
Can't say I have ever had this happen or read where it happened to someone else. And look at it this way whatever you try (whether it be one of those not worth your keystrokes or something else) is worth a shot since either way you are replacing it. But maybe something like nail polish remover or something to that effect. Just please don't get any on the phone!

True...well I do not plan on replacing it. I already have the Zagg shield installed and I got a blotch of permanent marker on it. Wanted to remove without damaging the Zagg. Maybe I should contact them directly...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry from your description it sounded like if all else fails you were going to replace it. You could always contact them although I don't know if their warranty covers stains. It may only be for rips or tears.

csjg3525

Reaction score
Really? Nobody has had this happen to them...Or has any suggestions?

Never had it happen to my screen cover. But what works with ID cards is going over the Sharpie with a dry erase marker. Then it wipes right off.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome! Did you get your issue resolved?

OP
rydeordie164

rydeordie164

Reaction score
Never had it happen to my screen cover. But what works with ID cards is going over the Sharpie with a dry erase marker. Then it wipes right off.

Hmmm...I think I'll give that a try. Ty for the advice...will let you know how it goes!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would just take a cotton ball lightly dipped in alcohol or nail polish remover. It really shouldn't hurt the screen protector or the phone

OP
rydeordie164

rydeordie164

Reaction score

:-/ Well I did that...it got the green off. But there is still a little smudge mark there. It's driving me crazy!!!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Ugh...I hope you find a fix for that. Thanks for the update!

OP
rydeordie164

rydeordie164

Reaction score
And the outcome is....:blink:

STG. I wish I could take a picture. There is a small smudge mark...and I thought the green was gone. But I turned all of my background white and there is a little bit of green!! :mad: Gah this phone looks flawless especially with the Best Buy Zagg setup. If it keeps driving me insane, I may have to take Zagg up on their warranty..

Edit: What if I try a slight dab of my Tide Pen?? Or is that a bad idea.

Last edited: